Just a thought about SWF

This isn't a thread about how it's unfair or needs to be removed. And I apologize for the long post. As both a killer and survivor I enjoy a good SWF group. It's fun to work together as survivors and as a killer you can get some really interesting interactions with groups.

The problem I find with SWF is when you get to a 4 stack. As a killer you feel like the fear you'd normally instill is gone and you feel like a lot of your options get taken a way when you have multiple survivors around you.

As a survivor (at least for me) when I play in a 4 stack with friends I want that sense of fear and to be afraid of the killer. With 4 people sometimes it can feel like you can just steamroll over the killer and they're no threat because the way your options open up.

My thought was why not have an adaptive difficulty? There's a number of games that when more players get added to the game the difficulty goes up to compensate for the way it's balanced. When the game detects a SWF with 4 friends wouldn't it be interesting if the killer received some sort of buff or blessing from the entity? Nothing huge but like a slightly faster walker speed or maybe the killers swing can recover faster. Maybe an extra percentage in a perk or two? Something to make the killer feel like a force and for the survivors to second guess approaching the killer so carefree. I want to feel that terror even with friends. And as a killer I want to feel like a force to be reckoned with.

What do you think?

Comments