do i have this right?
tomorrow, the shard cap is removed? if that is the case, why all the bedlam and hysteria? we can now save up for the new content and receive double bp. i am not understanding the frenzied and tortured screams of the persecuted.
Comments
thats right
its the shard cap that being removed not the bp cap
Basically, PC, Xbox, PS4 player who *are not North American* get a free extra double BP event and be able to play the DLC. While everyone who plays on PS4 in North America gets ######### over.
Real ######### good job. Not only do we get ######### over for playing on PS4, we also get ######### over because we live in the USA. Pretty ######### good job so far.
u said bloodpoints cap
I might have had some sympathy for you, until you acted like North America is only the USA. Maybe take the blood point event time off to open a map and learn that there 23 ######### countries in it.
I was calm about this, and ok with waiting as long as we got the DLC and everything by Thursday. It’s an Annoying enough to be treated “second class” because we play console... but then getting slapped in the face again by Xbox getting it before us... the “Straw that broke the Camels back” was this. I lost my temper fully at this.
I have never seen such an utter lack of concern, such a massive mishandling like this before. This is the most poorly executed launch of a game or associated DLC I’ve ever seen. Huntress was bad enough the last time, then there was the SAW snafu. Now this?! I’ve never seen a game company mishandle launches like this, then sit there and offer such a paltry compensation for thier ineptitude. They can try to blame Sony all they want, I’m not buying that excuse.
To explain why I think this - For some reason, they have to patch these events in. For most games, this is a simple server side change, no patch needed. DbD though, apparently does not operate this way. Before every event, there's been a patch. In all of those patch notes it said something about "prepped environment for ___ event". Don't know why DbD is different. I blame spaghetti code.
So, given the announcement, the "prepped environment" is probably in the code that passed certification already. If true then they were forced to either-
A) What they chose to do.
Or C) Remove the prep code, which would nullify the patch certification, they'd have to then start the process over again which could have meant another 3 week wait. Then patch in another event, which, again, I think we can agree would not happen quickly.
So, yeah, I think they painted themselves into a corner with it and, given the probable choices they had, chose the best option. Granted, it still sucks and the whole situation was handled...poorly doesn't seem to quite come close but I'm gonna keep the language family friendly...anyway, ramble over.