So did they just give up on the auric cell raffle?

i mean, did they? it hasnt been updated in 5 days...

Comments

  • I'm curious about this as well.

  • they don't work weekends and this is a holiday in Canada.  so they really only missed posting it on Friday 
  • they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

    because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:
    they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

    because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

    Personally I doubt they are bots. However I can't imagine any other way BHVR can do a giveaway.

    If they make the giveaway only eligible to those who have let's say 10 post then you're going to see a lot of users making post just to increase their post count. If you make it based on karma that has potential to be have a number of side effects like having groups make accounts just to give each other karma constantly. I get that it sucks that some users who do contribute quite frequently aren't winning over someone who just made an account specifically for the giveaway but I'd rather it be this way than there be some arbitrary requirement other than being a member that has a negative impact on the forums.

    However for future giveaways I wouldn't be against being required to link your forum account to your steam account as a way to prove you own Dead by Daylight. That way there's no arbitrary requirement on the forums and you know they at least would have purchased DBD at some point for that specific account. Although if that route is taken I'd like the option to have it so that only moderators can see your steam account.

    edit - Forgot about consoles my bad.

  • they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

    because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

    That's how you play the game of thrones. You win or you die

    Okay, i will go now XD
  • @Dustin said:

    @Thatbrownmonster said:
    they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

    because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

    Personally I doubt they are bots. However I can't imagine any other way BHVR can do a giveaway.

    If they make the giveaway only eligible to those who have let's say 10 post then you're going to see a lot of users making post just to increase their post count. If you make it based on karma that has potential to be have a number of side effects like having groups make accounts just to give each other karma constantly. I get that it sucks that some users who do contribute quite frequently aren't winning over someone who just made an account specifically for the giveaway but I'd rather it be this way than there be some arbitrary requirement other than being a member that has a negative impact on the forums.

    However for future giveaways I wouldn't be against being required to link your forum account to your steam account as a way to prove you own Dead by Daylight. That way there's no arbitrary requirement on the forums and you know they at least would have purchased DBD at some point for that specific account. Although if that route is taken I'd like the option to have it so that only moderators can see your steam account.

    link steam account
    must have a certain login number
    must have login recently

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    @Dustin said:

    @Thatbrownmonster said:
    they are probably doing something soo it's more fair for the rest of the community instead of handing out to bots

    because sincerely they need to do something to fix this anniversary...it's been a mess

    Personally I doubt they are bots. However I can't imagine any other way BHVR can do a giveaway.

    If they make the giveaway only eligible to those who have let's say 10 post then you're going to see a lot of users making post just to increase their post count. If you make it based on karma that has potential to be have a number of side effects like having groups make accounts just to give each other karma constantly. I get that it sucks that some users who do contribute quite frequently aren't winning over someone who just made an account specifically for the giveaway but I'd rather it be this way than there be some arbitrary requirement other than being a member that has a negative impact on the forums.

    However for future giveaways I wouldn't be against being required to link your forum account to your steam account as a way to prove you own Dead by Daylight. That way there's no arbitrary requirement on the forums and you know they at least would have purchased DBD at some point for that specific account. Although if that route is taken I'd like the option to have it so that only moderators can see your steam account.

    link steam account
    must have a certain login number
    must have login recently

    Great, I don't play on Steam....

  • @Shipthebread said:
    Great, I don't play on Steam....

    You make a great point. Admittedly while I forgot about console as I don't play on them that's kind of shows there isn't many options available for a giveaway that's fair to everyone.

    For console owners is there a way to link your ID Tag to third party services at all to show stats out of curiosity?