Addons vs rarity question
I'm trying to plan out and figure out builds that also use addons since some are very changing and awesome, but after learning that they are consumed each match i would like to know which can be considered a reliably available resource? Currently running the cannibal to unlock bbq for everyone (since it's almost a must use, but that's a point for a different topic) and i've noticed i can have the common addons on nearly permanently provided i get enough BP per match to make it through at least one web level. So far that hasn't been an issue, and i've even noticed i can even have primer bulbs instead of spark plugs now and then as a direct upgrade. I also know that prestiging will increase the appearance of higher rarity items but i don't know how much it increases.
Anyone with prestige 3 able to shed some light on how reliably they come across yellows, greens, and purples? Enough to use them more often than not?
On a related but side note, how often would i expect (at prestige 3) to come across the purple offering that protects addons? I don't know the chances or how much of each to expect so at my current playtime i was slightly disheartened when i'd get a purple or green addon i want to use but refuse to knowing i only get one.
Thanks, and happy hunting.
Comments
As Cetren said: it mostly depends on how many of the obtained Bloodpoints you put back into levelling that Killer.
There will usually never be a shortage of Common Add-ons and rarely of Uncommon ones.
Green and rarer Add-ons however are more likely to run out unless you spend all Bloodpoints you gained with the Killer back into them.
I've never run out of the Common add-ons when running a Killer, except when I was farming BP with them to level another Killer for Perks. If the Bloodweb is being nice, I even get a bunch of yellows to go along with them. Normally I'll save the pink, purple, and green ones for the final few levels before I Prestige. All depends on how many I get.
You get so much BP as a Killer, you should never have an issue with Addons and Offerings each match. I have noticed that the Bloodweb gets more expensive though as you get higher in Prestige because it does give you a higher rarity on items in it. So expect to level a little bit slower, but you'll have good addons. My last 30 levels as the Clown, taking him to P1, I had either yellow or better add-ons the whole time. So 20 levels of mostly using commons and getting used to his abilities. Then 30 levels of yellow/green mostly with some purple thrown in there.