Battle Passes, ######### Really?

Let me make one thing clear, I love this game and I have always supported the devs through buying their new DLCs when they came out and cosmetics when I could, but this new battle pass is fûcking stupid. I was super excited for the dev stream, both for the new reveals and for the nostalgic look back on the past year; but then one little announcement had to sour the whole stream. First off, who asked for this? I know you surveyed it, but I'm positive that people were not for this in any way. In games that have battle passes, they are super annoying and no one likes them; but you know what most of those games are that have battle passes? They're free. Dead by Daylight is not a free game and if you were to buy JUST the game and all of the DLCs that exist right now, it comes to $106.85. The full game costs OVER $100, that in itself is ludicrous, but at least the content per DLC is fairly cheap and the content per DLC is worth it (for the most part). Now add onto that the $10 cosmetics that you can't buy with shards and that increases the costs even more. The positive to this though is that they weren’t doing limited cosmetics anymore, every cosmetic they added would stay there and no one will be left out if they missed the initial opportunity to get a skin. However with this new battle pass, certain skins will be limited AND you'll still have to pay for it. They try to pass this off as a "don't be upset because it's not pay to win" which is the exact BS excuse that OverWatch pulled with their lootboxes and $60 game price tag. They completely backpedaled on the whole "no longer exclusive" mentality, where these battle pass cosmetics can only be obtained for 3 months AND you have to pay to get them any then they're gone forever. Not to mention this isn't a one and done payment, they're going to want you to pay multiple times for it. Needless to say this is a terrible decision especially for new players and is several steps back from the improvements they were making with cosmetics and whatnot. I hope that you could drop this whole idea or rethink it entirely because it is not acceptable for a game that costs $100+ on top of $10 cosmetics to add yet another source of payment. They only way this would be acceptable is if A) The base game and original DLCs were free or B) The battle pass was a way to get already made cosmetics "free" as apposed to directly buying them or C) Make the battle pass cosmetics available in the shop when the next 3 month cycle comes through. I will not be buying this games battle pass unless changes are made to make it seem less money grubbing, there is nothing positive about this new addition and it literally ruined what was supposed to be a celebration of DbD for me. I'm not quitting the game or anything (god forbid THAT card has been pulled too often) but I cannot support this terrible business practice and I wanted to voice my honest opinion to have this game avoid bad press over ludicrous prices and business practices.

Comments

  • Let me make one thing clear, I love this game and I have always supported the devs through buying their new DLCs when they came out and cosmetics when I could, but this new battle pass is fûcking stupid.

    The pass has no P2W elements, and it will be cheap, otherwise no-one will buy it since its better to just ignore it.

1 2 ›