Add an ow like toxicity prevention system
In overwatch as part of the emblems update (where you could upvote a player for a tiny bit of xp) you could also block a player (I think the counts up to 3 now?) For a week from being able to lobby with you if you feel they are too incredibly "toxic". Whether they are teammate or rival we've all met that one player that has it out for us, and being able to block at least a singular player from joining our games for at least a day would be good. It could act as an add-on for the report feature. In addition to this a player who is being blocked by a high chunk of the player base could therefore be punished accordingly as I feel a lot of would be more likely to report a serious offender if they were immediately protected from playing with them again for a while (this would work great against hackers which while rare can still be in the game, or incredibly toxic but not rule breaking people. Also giving us the option to specify a report vs just not wanting to play against someone we view as toxic)
In swf this obviously means that a total of 4 people could possibly be blocked for a day which might be abuseable to some extent which is the only problem I see with this rational. As a killer being able to circumvent playing with a person who DC's every game/abuses glitches, or as survivor with a person repeatedly sandbagging you/a killer who facecamps you 5 matches in a row would be a blessing
Comments
I wish I could block toxic survivors. Which amounts to about half of them.
We hate each other already. For every one good survivor there are 3 ######### waiting to erase whatever good experience you have with them. I'd rather wait eons than deal with the BS they bring.
I would rather not use Overwatch as an example of toxicity prevention and model citizenry.
As toxic as this community is, Overwatch is far worse. Probably doesn’t help that “play nice, play fair” is a load of codswallop and if you like an unpopular character, you’re screwed and miserable.
Even good players end up having a bad day, once in a while.
You would have to block half the playerbase for it to work.