Idea about Devotion

Recently, while contemplating about using Dwight but not being able to renounce to my maxed out Jake, I thought how it would be cool to share the bloodweb between characters. Obviously it wouldn't work for killers because they have different addons, and even if it did having it by default would reduce too much the grind.

Then my eyes noticed my Devotion level, and how useless it currently is and I had this idea:

When the Devotion level increases, the player receives a devotion token (better name pending). Spending this token the player can create a bond between two characters (of the same side obviously), allowing them to share knowledge and, more concretley, the same perk pool.

I think this would help alleviate the grinding problem a bit and would give a meaning to Devotion, making it feel a lot more rewarding. People with more than one favourite character would have a way to max them more easily without having to spend dozen of millions of BPs (particularly annoying for survivors since they are basically skins) and having it tied to Devotion would ensure that it wouldn't be a way to skip grind. Besides, BPs would still be needed for items/addons/offerings.

I'm not sure how it should work with Prestige, though. Initially I thought it should have worked only on P3 characters, but then I remembered that some people max their characters without prestiging them, so they would get screwed hard. Maybe there should be a differentiation between a "giver" and a "receiver", with the latter needing to be P3 to be eligible, so that prestige wouldn't loose its meaning.

Comments