When opening Hatch with Key, Killer should still be able to interrupt

I can understand the thought from the Devs, that you can no longer grab someone out of the hatch in EGC. BUUUUUUTTTTTT if the hatch is opened with a key, then the Killer should still be able to interrupt the escape. I think this would make it still a bit risky to jump into the hatch when you're chased.

@not_Queen @Peanits

Sounds fair?

Comments

  • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

  • Considering since I started running plunderes instinct I jump in the hatch twice while exposed, one from make your choice clown and second time from T3 Myers, i made the clown Dc since i got one of my teammatss through hatch, hilarious but I can see how killer's would be raging

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Apparently no, because survivors "always need a chance" to escape apparently.

    Playing devil's advocate as well though, allowing this would reintroduce hatch standoffs again. Not being able to grab is a price I'm willing to play to remove hatch standoffs entirely.

    How, though? Killer can just close the Hatch.


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Apparently no, because survivors "always need a chance" to escape apparently.

    Playing devil's advocate as well though, allowing this would reintroduce hatch standoffs again. Not being able to grab is a price I'm willing to play to remove hatch standoffs entirely.

    Erm... Nope! No stand-off, because my suggestion is only for opening the hatch with a key and that means there are at least two survivors left in the trial.

  • I'll still miss Hatch grabs. Some of the funniest moments of the game.

    But maybe I'm just a weirdo. I kinda miss juggling the Obsession too.

  • That'll bring hatch standoffs back.

    No thanks.

  • @Boss said:

    That'll bring hatch standoffs back.

    No thanks.

    Again: It wont, because last SV can jump in without fear of grabbing. Last Survivor wont need Key if he finds it first. Last SV always gets free jump on open hatch.

  • @bendermac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/448880#Comment_448880

    Again: It wont, because last SV can jump in without fear of grabbing. Last Survivor wont need Key if he finds it first. Last SV always gets free jump on open hatch.

    So they CAN'T interrupt.

    Then what's the point of the thread?

  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/449097#Comment_449097

    So they CAN'T interrupt.

    Then what's the point of the thread?

    *Sighs* do you not unterstand? Just for you

    If two or more people are in the trial and the hatch is open with a key, the Killer should still be able to interrupt you from jumping in. If only one person is left, then the SV can jump in for free, unless the Killer closes the hatch in front of you. But if you have a key, you still get the benefit of a free escape, since you're the last person.

    No hatch stand-off possible.


    Did you get it now?