Dedicated Servers

To whom it may concern at the DbD team(probably someone on Engineering or Programming who never comes here), Why choose Amazon Gamelift over Microsoft Azure?

As stated in the Status Update for Dedicated Servers: "Dead by Daylight will be using data centers from an established provider in supported regions. "

And by the regions listed, it's wholly and completely obvious what service provider is being used (and I don't know why games hide it when they can be found out so easily).

But, why choose Gamelift over Azure when the costs for Microsoft Azure are supposedly

https://i.imgur.com/co9HQ6i.png


Unless Dead by Daylight is going to be using Linux Instances to host the servers, then I think it'd be 100% more cost-efficient to go with Azure since Gamelift has to pay for the licenses for the Windows Instances and Azure obviously comes with them since Microsoft owns them. I would love to hear thoughts from a programmer or engineer on the Dead by Daylight team to explain what's going to be used.

Cheers,

Austin

Comments