Some Thoughts on The Legion Rework

I play a lot of this game and, while I know this will be unpopular, I enjoy playing as or against the current Legion. I've been thinking a lot about the rework that has been announced and I have some thoughts on what should be kept and scrapped from the change list.

To start, I'll list the problems with the current Legion:

  • Moonwalking and exploiting chase mechanics to deplete the Deep Wound timer.
  • Tunneling promoted with little incentive to tag multiple Survivors when you could just keep using Frenzy on one Survivor until they're down.
  • Very little counter-play if The Legion has locked onto you since they only need to follow you until their gauge has refilled enough to stab you four times and can vault pallets and windows very quickly.
  • Mending is a tedious task for something that can be so easily applied.
  • Got another problem with the Legion (besides double blades which will be patched out)? Let me know and we can talk about how it should fit into the ideal rework.

KEEP

  • Normal movement speed increase.
  • Terror radius increase.
  • Recharge time increase along with needing the power gauge full.
  • Feral Frenzy duration increase. This will allow Legion to tag more people with Deep Wound because of the increased terror radius.
  • Deep Wound timer pausing within the Killer's terror radius. This will remove incentive from tunneling one survivor and promote tagging multiple Survivors. I believe that this alone would be enough to fix the chase mechanic exploits.
  • Blood pool removal while in Feral Frenzy.
  • Deep Wound timer not being affected by further Frenzy attacks. I believe that it was confirmed that the Deep Wound timer could still be damaged with add-ons so I believe that this is a fair anti-tunnel change that will promote going after multiple Survivors in one Frenzy.

SCRAP

  • Frenzy movement speed reduction. The Legion is a different kind of Killer than the rest in that they are supposed to tag a bunch of Survivors so that they have to mend, hence wasting time that would otherwise be spent on generators. Movement speed being greatly reduced is at odds with this intention and namely the normal movement speed and terror radius increases.
  • Cancelling Feral Frenzy when missing an attack. This is not a good idea simply because it penalizes a mistake that a fast-paced Killer can and will easily make. It wasn't made clear if missing an attack would reset the power gauge (which would be an insane nerf) but assuming it doesn't you still have to wait for your power gauge to refill completely. I'd say this change would be okay if it reduced a portion of the power gauge (15% or something?) but to completely cancel and reset the power gauge is insane.

In addition to what the developers are planning, I'd ask that Killer perks that normally de-buff healing (exception being Nurses Calling, I think) such as Thanataphobia, Coulrophobia, etc. should affect mending because otherwise Feral Frenzy will be useless except for tagging survivors to put them into injured state. The point of Deep Wound should be to waste time that would otherwise be spent on generators.

Perhaps mending needs skill checks similar to snapping out of it as well? This would give the Legion a chance to track you down if you mess up and wouldn't end up being a chase with no counter-play since they cannot damage your Deep Wound timer without add-ons and need their power gauge fully filled as well as making mending less of a tedious task.

Comments