My first thoughts on the Legion changes

Ok, I'm just going to assume these changes aren't final and you're just going to be testing them in the PTB. I'll go through every change they're getting and give my opinion on it. I ain't no Legion main but I do like to play them from time to time so here we go.


THE LEGION 

  • The Legion’s base movement speed is increased to 4.6m/s.  -Alright, I'll take it due to the other changes
  • The Legion’s Terror Radius is increased to 32m. -It's fine, give the survivors more time to react and M&A will be much more useful
  • Most of The Legion’s add-ons are rebalanced or reworked to account for the changes to Feral Frenzy and the Deep Wound status effect. - (Infinite Feral Frenzy plz)
  • The Iridescent button addon no longer requires The Legion to apply Deep Wound for the effects to be active. -It'll make it more useful so sure

FERAL FRENZY UPDATE 

The  is increased and now requires a full power gauge to use it. Once it has been activated, the Legion must wait until the power gauge is full to be able to trigger the power again. 

Hmmm, seems fair enough, but decrease the amount of time it takes to recharge.

  • The duration of Feral Frenzy is increased. The Legion spends longer in frenzy. -good
  • The movement speed of Feral Frenzy is significantly reduced. The Legion moves faster than base speed while in frenzy, but not as fast as they did before. -Understandable
  • The Legion can no longer see blood pools (in addition to not seeing scratch marks) while in Feral Frenzy.  -Um, I don't think this is good. He actually made Bloodhound viable plus you can't moonwalk anymore so just, why?
  • Feral Frenzy is immediately and automatically cancelled whenever The Legion misses an attack while in frenzy. - R.I.P us console players, I wouldn't be against it depleting a chunk but not ALL of it

DEEP WOUND UPDATE 

  • The Deep Wound timer pauses for survivors within The Killer's Terror Radius–regardless of whether they are in a chase or not.  -Good, BUT survivors should not be allowed to mend in the terror radius now. Make them have to get away first
  • The Deep Wound timer pauses while Mending. - Should not be a thing, this is pointless
  • The Killer does not see the Deep Wound timer progress–only the Deep Wound bar to know that Deep Wound has been applied. -Why? That's like not allowing Freddy to see who's asleep like when he originally released.
  • The Deep Wound timer progress is no longer reduced by regular Feral Frenzy attacks. -I can understand this, but mending time should be increased greatly to compensate.

Alright, I kinda like some of these changes but they didn't give good buffs to outweigh the nerfs. I will wait for the new Legion to be available and then I'll give my final thought, but as of now, these nerfs outweigh the buffs

Comments

  • As another console game, the miss and immediate cancel of Feral Frenzy is the most concerning. 360s are far too easy to pull off on console and Feral Frenzy misses are rather frequent. If this change stays, Legion will be pretty much dead on console. The rest of the changes, I do not mind with a little tweaking.

    @not_Queen and @Peanits Do you know if when these changes were suggested, that the devs considered console Legion mains or were we again the forgotten population?

  • @lasombra1979 said:

    As another console game, the miss and immediate cancel of Feral Frenzy is the most concerning. 360s are far too easy to pull off on console and Feral Frenzy misses are rather frequent. If this change stays, Legion will be pretty much dead on console. The rest of the changes, I do not mind with a little tweaking.

    @not_Queen and @Peanits Do you know if when these changes were suggested, that the devs considered console Legion mains or were we again the forgotten population?

    This is something that could be changed if need be. It will be going to the PTB before it goes live, and we'll be keeping a close eye on the feedback there.

    It's also worth noting that this doesn't empty Feral Frenzy, it only cancels it. So if you swing and miss with 75%, you'll only have to wait ~5 seconds before you can activate it and try again.

  • @PhantomMask20763 I certainly agree with your points here. You put it better in words then I have.

    #MakeFMTInfiniteFrenzy