Developer Update
Full Disclosure--I haven't been playing since the Plague PTB, I've been playing a Necromancer in Skyrim.
I have been watching and keeping up to date on all the news since my break from DBD so I'm not out of the loop and from the latest Developer Update we FINALLY got some news on ma boi Freddy. I am extremely nervous since they are basically creating a new Killer instead of changing how he plays which is what I thought they would do. It sounds like he won't be the same at all instead of fixing issues and changing his power, my own reworks were with the intention of keeping his power but adding to it but now I feel like all Freddy players and I'm nervous he won't be the same. Maybe it'll be a great thing, hopefully yes it will.
End Game---I've been waiting for End Game changes since they announced it and I'm SUPER EXCITED for next week when they talk about it. I don't know if they're going full on adding things or if they're doing small tweaks but I personally hope they're adding new features to make the game feel fresh. Nothing like the Exit Gates closing after 60 seconds to make Survivors feel they need to abandon their friend behind or get Sacrificed themselves in the process. Or maybe they're making the Hatch need a key to open it even if you're the last Survivor, I'd like that.
Are you guys excited for the upcoming changes? I have seen how bad the pipping system is but I haven't tried it yet. Me not being one to compete I love the possibility that I can always be around a similar skilled opponent instead of getting matched with 3 1's because they teamed with a ######### 10, when I'm a 10 as well.
Comments
Very excited! ILS and 1-3v1s are the most annoying recurring issues in the game, and to hear that immediate work is being done to remedy them is fantastic.
Freddy getting a full rework is wonderful too; I'm hoping that's what needed to make him fun for both killers and survivors, instead of being irritating for everyone.
I'm one of the few people who don't mind the Legion, outside the moonwalking and addons exploits. But he's a common source of complaints, so at least this a chance for all the people who do have a problem to gain some peace of mind.
I am excited to see what they come up with for end game yet scepticle at the same time, they have taken a long time so I hope it's been worth the wait.
Freddy really did need a change and I for one am glad he may get a complete new power, the problem with Freddy was they teetered on the edge and slight changes could make them too weak or too OP as was evident when they nerfed them.
Legion is in the same boat atm due to his power, I can't see what they can do with them to make it fun as they are, I hope the wait also means they will rework their power also.