What do you think of the Clown so far?
The Clown has quickly become my favourite killer to play as. I think he's pretty powerful, being good in a chase, and I love his concept and aesthetic. The only change I'd make to him is to make the intoxication effect stronger if it is the result of a direct bottle hit. Currently there is no incentive to aim for a direct hit unless you're using an ultra-rare addon, and that feels like an oversight, especially since the game gives you extra points for the hit. If this were changed I think he'd be tied with Huntress for third place.
Comments
I wish they had done the thing the changed with the doctor. A direct hit prevents vaults or pallet drops.
That would be very nice too. I feel he needs something for this. It's the highest skill element to the Clown, complete with a scoring event, yet he gets absolutely nothing for it without an ultra-rare addon. It's bizarre.
Huntress is not the 3rd best killer. Myers is.
He's really good.
I'd give him a way to have slightly more map pressure tho if I could.
His current power for chases is definitely fine and really strong.
I feel like the extra blur would not be a nice experience to the player, it might cause sickness. Like I mentioned before, I'd be down to give him the ability to stop actions with a direct hit.
I'm pretty sure I saw a dev mentionning that a direct bottle hit made the survivor vision more blurry, I don't remenber if it was on stream, somewhere in the forum or on discord doe
Even if that's true, the blur isn't a big deal past rank 20. The power exists for the slowdown.
We can't say everything about a crown, why is it, please play in PS4.
A company is because it has not been sold yet.
Have only ran into 2 of them since the update actually launched, played as him and against plenty of them during the PTB though
Yes, I haven't seen a single one yet. Granted I was sick the first week and have only had a few dozen survivor matches. I can think of a lot of reasons for the lack of Clowns.
1: First paid DLC killer you can get for free if you wait and save your shards
2: Known to be crap in the PTB, many are probably unaware of how he was buffed, but heard that he was crap for weeks
3: People who are drawn to his playstyle may be inclined to stick with Huntress or Doctor, who are both similar to the Clown in some ways
4: He's not a top tier killer, and unlike the last three killers is not licensed so there's no hype to get them to buy him regardless
5: Some people don't want to be a fat slob
I don't think I've ever seen a killer this unplayed post-release. Even the Hag had lots of people playing for the first month.
As a PS4 player...