Perk Catagory Requirments - Nontoxic Rant

So, instead of nerfing survivors and killers by weakening their favorite perks, why don't we limit the amount of similar perks one can equip?

Maybe we should only be able to equip one or two second chance perks so that MoM, Borrowed Time, Dead Hard, Adrenaline...etc aren't all stacked to drive the killer crazy. Killers have BBQ, NOED, and Ruin as their crazy op annoying perks, 1 for tracking, 1 for endgame with an instadown, and 1 for slowing down gens. But survivors have 2 extra hit perks, 1 skip a hit perk, and 1 instaheal perk.

DS was nerfed but it could be argued that it can still be used as a second chance perk because if you don't tunnel at the endgame when everything is hectic and stuff, you won't secure a kill. And then you have instaheal medkits and communication (which the game was not built around nor is built around).

So while we can still work as killer and do some good stuff, we seem to keep getting really powerful second chance perks that really allow survivors to get away with alot.


MoM seems like the counter to NOED, but then again, so is Borrowed Time, DS, Dead Hard (which will always be available if survivors can't go down due to NOED). I'm fine with counters and solutions to really oppressive feeling perks. Both killer and survivor should have fun and both killer and survivor should have moments where stuff feels bad if one should have that.

But stacking it all feels a bit much and creates a "meta" which isn't fun as it grows more and more required as things only begin to become more powerful due to comboing.

So the solution could be as simple as limiting the amount of certain perks you can equip. I would rather that than nerfing perks themselves.

But then again, idk. I come to this game for a horror/hunting experience because nothing else can deliver something in the same vein as DBD can. But as I learn more about this game and it's mechanics, and the more I play and the more perks get added, the more this game feels like chess with a scary skin on. I personally don't enjoy that but I guess if that is the way it is headed, I'll attempt to like it out of sheer love for that skin and how pretty it is.


No other game has a playable character that comes close to the aesthetics of the Spirit who I absolutely adore, allowing me to become some creepy haunting corpse flickering around the map, phasing and jumpscaring like a ghost out of a Conjuring movie. I love this game and it's design, I just don't wanna see it go down the path of Overwatch where it became so maddening all the time no matter what.

Comments