How is the new Gatekeeper calculated? [ATTN: DEVS]
@not_Queen @Janick @Giddawid @Clyde @DocOctober
Could you please provide a complete breakdown of how the killer's Gatekeeper emblem is calculated as of patch 2.6?
Here is how the previous version is calculated according to the DBD wiki:
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems#GatekeeperAnd here is the direct text from the current emblem in game:
GATEKEEPER is won by slowing down generator repair progress for as long as possible. You gain points each minute for the first nine minutes of the match, based on the amount of incomplete generators remaining on the map. Ending the trial with incomplete generators also grants bonus points towards this emblem.
I'm asking because I have some constructive feedback on all the emblems (survivor and killers) with things I think need to be changed or altered. However when it comes to this emblem I have an idea what I would like but I just don't understand how the game calculates this emblem currently. My feedback for this emblem may change depending on how this emblem is actually calculated by the game.
Doc I tagged you because maybe you have this information but have not yet updated the wiki. Otherwise, if a dev can give a calculation breakdown like is presented in the wiki that would be excellent. Thank you.
Comments
Unfortunately, I don't know the inner workings of that Emblems at the moment.
I can't give you any "officially correct" version, but I was interested as well, and from what I understand from the files that the user "jesterret" puts on his Github ...
It's 5 points for every generator remaining undone per minute for the first nine minutes. So as I understand it, 25 points for the first minute. This is a guess now, but I suppose the generator's point value per minute is cumulative. So if all five gens remain undone the second minute as well, it will score you 50 points for that minute (=75 points after two minutes), otherwise it would be quite difficult to achieve any reasonable emblem quality.
If any generators are undone at the end of the match, you'd get (gens left + 1)*100 bonus points for them.
Emblem thresholds would be 250, 350, 650 and 900.
But it'd be better to only trust the devs :).
@DocOctober Do you know if it's possible to "overfill" emblems or is there a cap to the points you can earn?
@rha Thanks for the info. Rather interesting how that works, as if you get a game where survivors DC at the start you would only get +600 points which means silver maybe gold if the game went on for at least 2 minutes.