Play With Your Food Idea

PlayWithYourFood.gif?version=f59f2f600dbfde86dd8b2f7a2f893a04

You become obsessed with one Survivor.

Every time you chase your Obsession  and let them escape, you receive 1 Token up to a maximum of 5 Tokens.

Each Token increases your movement speed by 1/2/2 %.

If you have 5 tokens, then the killer ability will be upgraded.

But you lose the increases movement speed.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.


Examples for Killer ability upgrade:

Doctor: The terror radius shock survivor every x seconds automatic.

Plague: She can create a poison rain for x seconds.

Myers: He has no terror radius.

Hillbilly: My name is Barry Allen Billy and i'm the fastest man alive.

Comments

  • The rly good survivor perks give the survivors a new ability.

    Example:

    Dead Hard , Selfcare, Head on , etc....

    But as killer no perk affects the killer ability.

  • The reason why they changed Tinkerer is because it's a pain to work on each killer to make their power fit one single perk.

  • @LCGaster said:

    The reason why they changed Tinkerer is because it's a pain to work on each killer to make their power fit one single perk.

    Play With Your Food is useless since release.

    So after 2 years, they have enough time.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393096#Comment_393096

    Play With Your Food is useless since release.

    So after 2 years, they have enough time.

    I don't think it's completely useless, just meh.

    Upgrading the killer's power would be very difficult, especially with all the killers they have and will have in the future.

    It's too much work for one single perk.

    They could just change it so that when you hit someone you lose a token, it would already be much better.

  • @LCGaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393126#Comment_393126

    I don't think it's completely useless, just meh.

    Upgrading the killer's power would be very difficult, especially with all the killers they have and will have in the future.

    It's too much work for one single perk.

    They could just change it so that when you hit someone you lose a token, it would already be much better.

    You already lose 1 token if you hit someone.

    And its complete useless, because you lose too fast tokens.

    And after 2 years, we could get something comlex.

    And btw, when they make a new killer, they must test all perks.

    Example Legion:

    12 perks only works on him.

    Oh wait, this is a negative example.

  • You lose a token if you miss as well.

    And yeah, Legion is kinda the proof that they don't test all perks on killers 😂

    What I'm saying is that creating a whole new part of the power for one perk is just too much work, I'm not saying I don't like this idea.

    Then there are some more problems with this version of the perk, what would some power upgrades be for some killers? Like Trapper, what would he get that he doesn't have with add-ons? Same goes for Legion. And gaining tokens is not that difficult, especially with Wraith.

    Making a killer OP just because you lose your obsession 5 times doesn't sound good as well, by this I mean your example of the Doctor and Myers, but I might have misunderstood Myers.

  • @LCGaster said:

    You lose a token if you miss as well.

    And yeah, Legion is kinda the proof that they don't test all perks on killers 😂

    What I'm saying is that creating a whole new part of the power for one perk is just too much work, I'm not saying I don't like this idea.

    Then there are some more problems with this version of the perk, what would some power upgrades be for some killers? Like Trapper, what would he get that he doesn't have with add-ons? Same goes for Legion. And gaining tokens is not that difficult, especially with Wraith.

    Making a killer OP just because you lose your obsession 5 times doesn't sound good as well, by this I mean your example of the Doctor and Myers, but I might have misunderstood Myers.

    This upgraded Killer abilities are just examples, how it could work.

    And losing 5 times a survivor is rly much time waste.

    Only Wraith can do it in 30 seconds with his abilty.

    And Trapper could get better and new traps.

    Legion could get a 3 Bots as teammates.

    But they are just confuse and jumpscare them.

    I mean Legion is a Bot killer.

    I rly see no skill for legion.

    And this are just EXAMPLES.

    You could make examples, too.

    And i would say something like: Too weak or OP.

    Btw, do you have examples?

  • Let me think for a few minutes, I might come up with something 🤔

  • Trapper: His traps become bigger, giving survivors less chances to avoid them.

    Wraith: When 16 meters away he's completely invisible (I would love this to be in his base kit).

    Hillbilly: Making him faster seems fine.

    Nurse: She is fine as it is but I guess she could benefit from a shorter stop after the blinks.

    Micheal: Survivors' amount of Evil to gain is replenished by 50%.

    Hag: Either her traps become resistant to flashlights or she can teleport to any trap on the map as long as it gets triggered by a survivor.

    Doctor: When a survivor's Madness level goes up they have a 35% chance of gaining a random affliction (Kinda like the Crimson King add-on but less powerful).

    Huntress: When reloading hatchets she no longer stops to look at it (Much faster).

    Leatherface: When charging his chainsaw he's slowed down much less.

    Freddy: I honestly don't know.

    Amanda: When standing up from crouching her terror radius stays zero for longer.

    Clown: The gas occupies a much bigger area.

    Spirit: Either her passive phasing is much more prominent or the duration of her power is extended.

    Legion: I don't know.

    Plague: I don't know


    For the ones I wrote "I don't know" is because I didn't play those since I didn't buy any of them, yet

  • @LCGaster said:

    Trapper: His traps become bigger, giving survivors less chances to avoid them.

    Wraith: When 16 meters away he's completely invisible (I would love this to be in his base kit).

    Hillbilly: Making him faster seems fine.

    Nurse: She is fine as it is but I guess she could benefit from a shorter stop after the blinks.

    Micheal: Survivors' amount of Evil to gain is replenished by 50%.

    Hag: Either her traps become resistant to flashlights or she can teleport to any trap on the map as long as it gets triggered by a survivor.

    Doctor: When a survivor's Madness level goes up they have a 35% chance of gaining a random affliction (Kinda like the Crimson King add-on but less powerful).

    Huntress: When reloading hatchets she no longer stops to look at it (Much faster).

    Leatherface: When charging his chainsaw he's slowed down much less.

    Freddy: I honestly don't know.

    Amanda: When standing up from crouching her terror radius stays zero for longer.

    Clown: The gas occupies a much bigger area.

    Spirit: Either her passive phasing is much more prominent or the duration of her power is extended.

    Legion: I don't know.

    Plague: I don't know

    For the ones I wrote "I don't know" is because I didn't play those since I didn't buy any of them, yet

    I like your ideas.

    I think they are too weak, but we both cant test them.

    Some ideas are good, but not a new thing(bigger traps, faster reloads).

    Trapper could get another trap type.

    Wraith is a rly good idea, because he is a non-invisible stealth killer.

    He rly should be invisible.


    Maybe a Community Contest (Brainstorming) would be great.

  • Yeah, it would be fun.

    I tried my best to not think about something that would make the killers too strong

  • So it goes from a movement speed stacking perk to a movement speed stacking into an ability augment perk? That's overloaded as hell. It would be like giving survivors the ability to do gens 25% faster after getting all 5 stacks of Autodidact.

  • @DexyIV said:

    So it goes from a movement speed stacking perk to a movement speed stacking into an ability augment perk? That's overloaded as hell. It would be like giving survivors the ability to do gens 25% faster after getting all 5 stacks of Autodidact.

    Its only 2%movement speed per token.

    And not instahealing, if you have 5 stacks.

    As killer you must ignore 5 times 1 survivor.

    This is rly much time waste.

    And the Perk is called.

    "Play With Your Food."

    So after playing with your food, you get a better killer ability.

    And then you can rly play with your food.

    I think my perk idea fit rly good with the name.

  • @LCGaster said:

    Yeah, it would be fun.

    I tried my best to not think about something that would make the killers too strong

    Yeah ok, im the oposite.

    My ideas are too strong, because nerfing is easy.

    And I dont want a perk like "Brutal Strength".

    20% are not much.

    40% would be good.