Just a Reminder

The devs have a really full plate right now.

They're working on dedicated servers, a Switch port, performance enhancements, entire character reworks (Freddy/Legion rework & Add-On passes), along with keeping up consistent bug fixes and new chapters.

I'd assume the devs will have much much more time to work on game balance AFTER the Switch & Dedicated servers release around mid to late summer. Give em' a break.

Comments

  • So,the game is suopposed to stay in a bad state till mid/late summer?

    They are working on a Freddy rework since ages and they kept nerfing him with perks (distortion) and changes(locker aura change)

    I am a patient person,but Im sure a lot of people are not,and they have every right to complain(especially after the new "successful" matchmaking system)

    Saying the devs are doing nothing is too much tho

  • I Completely understand the pressure they're under and how much they have to do with DLC Chapters alone. I'm sure they're working very hard but I can't help feel they don't have a large enough team to handle the game and everything that needs to be done.

  • @Andreyu44 It's the publisher's fault that dbd is in the state that it's in right now. They told Behaviour that dbd would be dead by late 2016, so that's why they used peer to peer, since they didn't have to make up as much money.

    Now that dbd is much more profitable, and the player base is huge, they needed to make dedicated servers which is very hard when you're almost 3 years into your game's lifeline.

    This was just something that was inevitable. We just have to let them do their thing, and then everything'll be back to normal.

  • @AntiJelly said:

    @Andreyu44 It's the publisher's fault that dbd is in the state that it's in right now. They told Behaviour that dbd would be dead by late 2016, so that's why they used peer to peer, since they didn't have to make up as much money.

    Now that dbd is much more profitable, and the player base is huge, they needed to make dedicated servers which is very hard when you're almost 3 years into your game's lifeline.

    This was just something that was inevitable. We just have to let them do their thing, and then everything'll be back to normal.

    I agree,I just said its understandable that some people are gonna complain,thats all.

  • @Bongbingbing It's possible. But we aren't the devs, so we don't know. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope this all goes through as best and as quickly as possible.

  • @Andreyu44 I agree that people will complain, but I'm saying that those people aren't going to accomplish anything helpful.

  • The devs have a really full plate right now.

    No. Their higher-ups chose to take on all those endeavors. And then in the middle of it, they also chose to push out matchmaking changes, then revert them, and make an already bad situation even worse. They also chose not to listen to PTR feedback about changes, and press forward anyway with the typical game studio "we know best" attitude.

    So, they're in the absolute hellhole of a mess they have now. They self-inflicted it, whether it was Matt's leadership, his bosses, or both of the above.

    I've not only complained as a customer, I've grown fed-up enough that I've stopped logging in now and even trying to play. I've taken the money I was going to give them for the Legion and Plague DLCs, since I intended to complete my DLC collection, and instead just gave it to another studio for the Battle Passes that released today in two of their games. Something I was going to skip and spend it here, since I was able to get matches at all times of night and play the game.

    Matt or whoever is leading this fiaco managed to give me every reason to not spend on this game and instead spend elsewhere.