Arguments about pro-tunnel can be used with Gen-Rush
It's the most optimal way to play survivor, why would I hinder myself by going after gens one at a time? It's like going after the survivor that isn't injured when playing killer; if I can be efficient. Why wouldn't I?
I love how people that defend an "optimal killer playstyle" will be just as quick to denounce an optimal survivor playstyle
Just a thought.
Comments
Trying to talk balance in this game. Save your breath, trust me.
Survivors are bitches and Killers are hypocrites, what else is new?
I don't mind if they go for a gen-rush, that's what NOED is for
Killer: I camped because gens got done too fast.
Survivor: Well maybe if you had applied some pressure to the other survivors and stop gens instead of tunnelling you wouldn't have needed to camp.
Killer: Nope Devs need to fix loops.
Survivor: They did! Stop the stupid mindgames and just break the pallets.
So moral of the story is some killers want gens to not be done so quick so they'll have enough time to tunnel and still apply pressure to other survivors...
No one is asking for Survivors to hinder themselves. They are asking for balance between the opposing sides objectives.
It's been repeatedly proven that the time requirement for Survivors' objective is vastly in their favor compared to the Killer's. The hook time is so incredibly long compared to the gen time that there is no time to do anything else if someone isn't on a hook. Including actually chasing people to put them on hooks! Hence why the only 3 viable killers are the ones that can speed across the map and end chases quickly.
Tunneling and gen-rushing are indeed two sides of the same coin. I was considering making an open thread to discuss it with both survivors and killers to find a solution together a bit later.
I openly say that you ought to genrush as a Survivor and you ought to tunnel as a Killer. Both of those statements are problems that the devs might want to do something about. However until they do you absolutely should genrush regardless of the complaints.
This shouldn't be news. When someone like me defends tunneling with this argument we are fully aware that it applies to genrush (hopefully). This is why any changes need to be from the perspective of curbing a dominant strategy and not from the PoV of preventing toxicity
They aren't really denouncing survivors that do it. They are complaining that it's possible to complete the gens in such a short time.
Its more that survivors complain about tunneling and then get butthurt when killers (jokingly?) compared it with "tunneling" generators.
Sweaty tryhards doing the same generator for more than 15 seconds, go swap your generators to spread the progress. Dont you know you have to play by arbitarily made up rules?
(Lots of sarcasm)
As a killer main myself, I *try* not to tunnel, it just doesn't always work out that way. The simple fact of the matter is that I am going to go after whomever I see first. If they just unhooked and I get there a second or two later, I am going to follow whichever scratch marks I see first. That said, gen rushing is not an issue. It is the survivor's job to escape the trial. By all means, they should be doing that by whatever means necessary and as quickly as possible.