BHVR needs to address and compensate for DCs better

It's getting a bit outta hand when people DC to deny Hooks, or when a game screws us over....just had a game where only 3 Survivors loaded into the game. The 4th either intentionally DC'd or has bad internet...of those 3 one DC'd during the loading screen and so,I had 2 Survivors left.


I as a Killer will ALWAYS attempt to farm so we can share and walk away in an ok shape. The first Survivor I found I downed and smacked the nearest Gen...they started to work on it but potato'd. So,I downed em to take to my Ruin...they DC'd. So now left with one person, I was thankfully paired with a Survivor who was not unaware and proceeded to farm with me....as best as possible.


Getting no Hooks, stacks of BBQ not even the little joy of having 2- Survivors goof off while farming made it thee most boring situations ever. A match that Id get somewhere between 40-60k BP I only got 13k with just barely a safety pip.

The fact that unless those Survivors DC "enough" they don't get punished for what they did...I lost my add-ons, my offerings, my time and most of all..my fun. If that last Survivor decided to DC, Id have been even MORE punished for absolutely no reason. The fact that BHVR walks on eggshells when it comes to the DC culture within this community is ridiculous. It isn't too uncommon for a Survivor to DC when downed, hit, gets a map or Killer they hate...and can often create a chain reaction of everyone else (or half the group) DCing.

Comments

  • "I as a Killer will ALWAYS attempt to farm so we can share and walk away in an ok shape."

    You, along with myself, are the minority, and survivors know this.

    The reason why the devs "walk on eggshells" is because the moment survivors get a significant nerf to something that prevents them from bullying killers, or hold them accountable for being toxic, they review bomb the hell out of the game until they get their way again.

    Welcome to DbD.

  • Played 4 games today and in all of them there has been at least 1 DC

  • maybe if everybody makes a thread about it every day, they'll get tired of it and succumb to our wishes. this tactic worked with my mom when i was 6.

  • @pungent_stench said:

    maybe if everybody makes a thread about it every day, they'll get tired of it and succumb to our wishes. this tactic worked with my mom when i was 6.

    Better than doing nothing