Your New Matchmaking System

The last two games I played yesterday were both against Rank 19 killers. (I'm currently at Rank 10.) Those games did not end well for them.

I watched one of them, The Pig, stare at a half way done generator for about 5-10 seconds before finally figuring out how to kick it.

If Behaviour has any interest or motivation at all in recruiting new players, I don't think this is the way to go.


Remember, this game started out with just three Killers and four Survivors. Back then, the mechanics were also fairly simple to learn, so it was easy for anyone to pick up. As new chapters and fixes were released every few months, these experienced players only had to learn few new contents and mechanics as they came up, little by little, adjusting what they had already learned slightly whenever needed.

But now it has grown to almost 15 Killers and 15/16 Survivors, all with their own (3) perks and powers. Even the base mechanics have evolved drastically over the years, many of them probably unintuitive and confusing to new players, to say the least.

If Behaviour is expecting brand new players who is just curious about this game to stick around learning all of this AT THE SAME TIME, this game content that took years to accumulate, while continually being pummeled by more experienced players with hundreds or even thousands of hours, well, perhaps that would suggest that they need a new management team.

Comments

  • The last two games I played yesterday were both against Rank 19 killers. (I'm currently at Rank 10.) Those games did not end well for them.

    Remember, any Rank below Rank 1 and Rank 2 are considered "Rank 20", so...

    You, a Rank 20 survivor, were facing a Rank 20 killer, wheres the problem?

  • I can only imagine how new killers feel about first few hours of this game. When I first started I tried both roles, killer only once and was immediately bullied by swf so I continued playing survivor rationalising it is a role for me and that is why I can't play killer.


    I remember having anxiety in that first killer game. First I was excited then devastated. Never experienced it in any other game and I played Overwatch for a while with no problems like that.

  • @Eveline said:

    I can only imagine how new killers feel about first few hours of this game. When I first started I tried both roles, killer only once and was immediately bullied by swf so I continued playing survivor rationalising it is a role for me and that is why I can't play killer.

    I remember having anxiety in that first killer game. First I was excited then devastated. Never experienced it in any other game and I played Overwatch for a while with no problems like that.

    Me before 900 hours honestly.

  • I just feel like an a** when I get put up against rank 20s as killer and don't know it so I just wipe the floor with them, that's why I feel we should probably allow killers to see the rank of the survivors. Because otherwise both new survivors and killers will just quit the game because they think that they are just to bad to play the game ect.

  • It's unfortunate, but this is the trade off they felt was balanced to 'fix' wait times.

    All the match making changes did was negate the sole purpose of rank even further. As you get matched with players regardless of rank. There are plenty of end game screenshots showing killer and survivors with huge unbalance within the ranks.

    Personally, I am not hating that they tried to 'mend' the wait time issue with this new match making system. Though I would gladly wait to be matched with players of appropriate rank.

    Whats Really Aggravating Is They Claimed To Have Tested This System. During That Period There Were Tons Of Threads Complaining About The Matchmaking System In Regards To Ranks. And Obviously, It Was Still Released.