A genuine discussion about the game

Ok, I'll start off with saying, yes I am a killer main. I main Freddy and I've been playing for like the past 2 years. I play survivor but I'm not the best at it and I just find killer to be more fun. But I just want to give my cup of tea on the balance of the game and what I think could be changed to make it more enjoyable for both sides.

Ok so I'll start with the more unfun things for survivors. These being Iridescent Hatchets, Frank's mixtape, Legion in general, Nurse, insta saw hillbilly, Noed, Hex:Ruin, Michael's red addons ect. These would have to be nerfed but ONLY once the lower tier killers have been buffed to the point Nurse and Hillbilly no longer reign supreme. But, don't nerf legion, they deserve a rework, most people dont find them fun, I love em but I dont think they're healthy for the game. Camping and tunneling are a touchy subject but I personally think that the killer should be rewarded for going after different people and staying away from the hook. Perhaps double bloodpoints or slower gens (ok maybe not slower gens, people dont want to hold m1 for much longer) for doing so? Also, I think the bloodpoint earning for survivors should be looked at, they recive few bloodpoints most of the time and it really just makes the grind harder for them.

Onto the game mechanics. Right now, I think most maps are fine in terms of loops, I have fun mindgaming them and confusing the survivor to run into me. Jungle gyms, and a standard loop with just a pallet and some debris around it are honestly fine. But some maps suffer from bad design with unmindgamable pallets and some quite stupid windows (I'm mostly looking at some farm maps and disturbed ward). Theres not much you can do about them unless you're nurse. Then theres the gen speed. I dont like the term "gen rushing" simply because it's just survivors doing the objective, that's it, I as a killer am there to stop them from completing their objective, but could we please get a second mandatory objective to possibly get longer matches. I dont care what that objective could be as long as it slows down the game "Just a lil bit"

In terms of things that killers need, it's really just bringing up solo survivor to the power of swf and continue the killer buffs from there. I think the game is in a good state right now but theres still some thing that need to be looked upon. I really dont think killers need many buffs aside from general weak perk buffs and weaker killer buffs. Then the game would be in an amazing state. Perhaps do something for the end game as well to make it more interesting because right now its run to a gate, open and leave or wait for your teammates. Nothing too interesting there.

If we want the game to last for as long as possible, both survivor and killer players need to put their differences aside and work together to find a solution to this currently stale meta. We need to help the devs by coming up with ideas and suggestions that are reasonable and fun for both sides, remember, this is a game, we're all here to have fun, not just have constant frustration and arguments. We're a community, let's put our differences aside, at least try to get rid of the toxicity and band together to help the devs improve the game for both sides! We need each other after all, theres no survivors without killers and theres no killers without survivors.

Anyway, all of this was just my thoughts, sorry for the essay.

Comments

  • TL;DR: Weaker killers need buffs, Legion needs a rework, strong killers/add-ons need debuffs or reworks, and survivors need another objective along with buffing solo players so that they're on par with swf.

    Did I understand all the important parts? Just making it shorter in case people want a tl;dr. I think a lot of people already understand quite a few of the points you make, but little to nothing is done to address it 'cause it needs to be balanced and they're just testing out things.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    TL;DR: Weaker killers need buffs, Legion needs a rework, strong killers/add-ons need debuffs or reworks, and survivors need another objective along with buffing solo players so that they're on par with swf.

    Did I understand all the important parts? Just making it shorter in case people want a tl;dr. I think a lot of people already understand quite a few of the points you make, but little to nothing is done to address it 'cause it needs to be balanced and they're just testing out things.

    @fluffybunny thank you for this TL;DR

    I was gonna edit my post to include one but it looks like I no longer have to. And yes you covered all the major points!

  • @PhantomMask20763 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368075#Comment_368075

    @fluffybunny thank you for this TL;DR

    I was gonna edit my post to include one but it looks like I no longer have to. And yes you covered all the major points!

    No problem! ^^ I've seen ideas circling for a while now. I'm on board with changes, though I believe we're waiting on the Devs to move. They can only realistically do so much at once and they probably need to iron out the details and balance it so that it's fun and fair for everyone.

  • @fluffybunny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/368077#Comment_368077

    No problem! ^^ I've seen ideas circling for a while now. I'm on board with changes, though I believe we're waiting on the Devs to move. They can only realistically do so much at once and they probably need to iron out the details and balance it so that it's fun and fair for everyone.

    Yup, we've just gotta give em time. Patience is one of the greatest things to possess

  • I agree with what you're saying. I play both killer and survivor (survivor a bit more) I think the biggest problem is that the skill gap and skill ceiling are too close together now.

    Survivors dont do much but hold shift and w or just hold m1 all game

    Killers just do the same ######### all game too