Reasons to use non-meta perks
There are so many perks that are interesting but I will never use. Jane's perks will probably only get used until I unlock any of my standard build perks and then I will never use them again.
If you were BHVR, how could you make other perks usable?
My suggestion would be to have daily quests that include things like, "Escape using Calm Spirit", "Escape using only Jeff's default perks" or "Escape without using an exhaustion perk" or similar. Can anyone come up with any better reasons to get some use out of some of the lesser perks?
Comments
Exhaustion perks are over rated imo. It’s not hard to escape without them.
Anyways seeing some survivor dailies like this would be cool
That's a nice idea. Just don't put No Mither in those dailies :)
More generally on non-meta perks: they can be great. A lot of them are actually more useful than you'd think, with the proper build. Empathy, Small Game, Detective's Hunch (+ Rainbow Map), Alert, Hope, Kindred, and a bunch more. Self-Care is becoming less and less useful, and exhaustion perks are just as HeroLives says, overrated (except Adrenaline). DS will be nerfed soon as well.
I guess it comes with a certain amount hours played, but them "meta" perks become so very stale.
See also:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46297/i-made-a-thing-perk-roulette-slot-machine-edition
its fun to get random, generally bad perks to work for you. have u ever gotten 5 stacks with autodidact? or actually lost a killer by using quick n quiet to hop into a locker? its a lot of fun
No survivors are using non-meta perks in my games unfortunately…..
I noticed you only mentioned Survivor Perks 🤨
Some killers perks are useful for one killer and less useful on another. As a result, I am probably using most of the good perks across the range of killers. I don't feel as if there are many bad killer perks.
But since the survivors are just skins, once I have a favourite perk loadout, I tend to stick with it. Most variation comes from those survivors that don't have what I want unlocked.
I do have slightly different builds based on what mood I am in though: I use Claudette with a stealth build and Kate with a build to help me in chases.