Rituals. Why are they so tedious for survivors?
While killer is much easier/achievable. For example a killer ritual might be to use that killers power 3 to 4 times. These can be done easily in 1 game.
Survivor on the other hand has a ritual requiring completion of 3 generators. You have little chance to actually get 3 gens fully done yourself.
What I would change.
2 generators instead of 3
All survivor rituals can be completed with any survivor. Sucks when I get a ritual that requires Tapp (who ATM is still Level 1) when my build is on Kate.
Co op ritual reduced to 1 minute, (from 3 minutes)
Savior ritual reduced to 2 (from 3)
Blood dance ritual is OK.
I feel that these changes would make rituals less tedious for survivors.
Thoughts?
Comments
Yeah plus the Survivor needing to unhook someone as a Ritual caaan cause people to swarm a Hook and do an unsafe/farm Hook. I def don't like the Survivor ones, least make them give a bit more Bloodpoints or change up the requirements. They feel forever to get accomplished, impossible to consistently do, or for some, bug out on progress.
The only one I have problems with are the "Open the Exit Gate as x Survivor" and co-op actions. Sometimes I never make it to endgame, other times I am way too far from the exit gates, and by the time I get to them, someone already opened it. The co-op ones take several games because its so situational.
The others, I dont mind. 3 generators? Maybe not in one game, but easily done in two. Unhooking, depends on the game.
And if we are going to talk about tedious rituals, lets talk about some Killer ones. For instance, Pig's requiring ambush hits. I would change it to attaching RBTs to Survivors x amount of times.
Other than the "safe rush the hook" daily, i don't mind other ones.
I honestly prefer survivor challenges even if some are quite tedious to the point you try to signal to the killer you’ll stay if they just let you open the gate.
The problem with killer challenges is that unlike survivors, killers are unique and therefore you will likely be much stronger on one killer and much weaker on another. You’re essentially playing roulette with killer challenges and if you get a killer you’re weak at, chances are it will be a rather miserable grind because few survivors either catch on or let you do your challenge in good faith.
As for survivor challenges, I just feel like since you HAVE to do them you notice how much you’re dying trying to do them. When I don’t have a gate challenge, I open them frequently. When I don’t need a new item and survive, I escape with items.
The only survivor challenge that needs fixing is indeed the gate one, not because making it to the endgame is hard, but because I’m 90% sure opening gates are not cumulative. There have been so many times I open a gate, get to 80%, and the killer sees me and boom noed. You either need to do it in one sitting or you gotta hope the killer caught the survivor who got the exit gate practically open and swoop in and complete it. Not fair. Especially when everything else is cumulative.
I actually prefer the survivor challenges. Just play survivor like you normally would and don't worry about the ritual.
Killer challenges can be annoying depending on the killer.
I only see Trapper's, Billy(I personally suck at his chainsaw vs decent Survivors) maybe Huntress' Ritual being troublesome to get done. Everyone elses kinda goes smoothly for me, even Nurse on console I can get it done fairly well, but I do admit I reroll it if I can.
Last few days I got Michael, Legion, Hag and Spirit. Michael and Legion were done in one go, Hag will be easy and Spirit can be a lil tricky but depends what type of Surviors I go against.
I just delete rituals for survivors/killers I don't play. Not going out of my way to get that BS, I already earned over 100 million BP to date so I really don't need that measly 30k. Sometimes I will delete them over and over until I get 3 good rituals then bang them all out in a couple of games.