Bloodhound is such an awesome and yet very few Killers use it
Tracking injured SV is so easy with Bloodhound. They can yuke you and you can still find them again. Iron Will is useless if the Killer runs BD. If a injured/or just hit SV runs away from a gen, you can kick it and still easily find them again.
Awesome Perk! But why are so many Killers never use it? I'd even say it's one, if not the best, tracking perk, besides Whispers.
Comments
Not many killers use it because it is fairly easy to track people. Especially when many people are only going to run to the next pallet.
I love bloodhound on my nurse. It has saved my ass countless times where i would have otherwise lost survivors. Bloodhound, Sloppy, BBQ, and Shadowborn is my favorite nurse build. Helps a ton on the corn maps.
I never use it because i don't need it.
Yeah, it's pretty good with Nurse. Some survivors will attempt to hide right next to you with Iron Will.
Still, it's not really a needed perk. In my experience, Whispers is the go-to tracking perk.
I love Bloodhound but it is a beginner perk so I don't want to rely on it, that said I lose people very easily as Legion so I use Bloodhound on them.
It's funny you should mention Bloodhound. Very recently I've been inspired by "The Crimson Court" dlc of Darkest Dungeons to create a "Bloodletting Build" for Legion. We're talking Thanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher, Bloodhound, and Stridor or Knockout.
I will make them bleed.
IMO blood is already quite easy to see except on Macmil maps. I prefer Sloppy because acts as both a game slowing perk and a tracking perk.
Also Stridor is better than Bloodhound because you can take steps to hide your blood, but you can't hide your cries of pain. Even with Iron Will you still make noise.
I love blood hound, lets me counter super immersive survivors once I whack em once. Though I find or feel like a tunnle a bit when i use it. Case I tend to find blood trails of previously hooked survivors. That bright blood calls to ya >.>
Once you learn to spot blood on the ground without Bloodhound, you don't really have much more use for the perk. Admittedly it can help you find the blood trail easily if you lose it, even if the survivor has gotten far away (no way you're spotting bloodstains 30+ meters away without the perk), and the 4 extra seconds are always useful, but it just tends not to be that hard to keep track of survivors.
However, I will give you that the perk is quite good on Nurse. This is partly as you're practically blinded after every time you injure a survivor, and partly because Nurse doesn't have any need for chase perks such as Enduring, meaning the bar for a viable perk on Nurse is lower.
I hate that I missed the opportunity to have my username be 'BloodTracker (or Blood_Tracker)'. I love the perk as it really saves my arse. Especially on the Legion when I need to find someone who managed to escape (I don't intentionally cheese chases).
Usually use both bloodhound and sloppy butcher on Wraith and it's a combination I absolutely love on Wraith. Also use bloodhound on the Pig sometimes which helps too.
Ive been using it on most of my killers for past 2 years, It's a very underestimated perk.
It counters alot of meta perks from survivors and it gives you extra time for a gen kick or breaking a pallet.
Its best on legion, since u cant see scratch marks while frenzied, but you can see blood so glowing blood really helps
I like the perk but rarely use it. Most of the time I don't need it and reserve it for killers that have weak tracking.
It’s good for killers that have weak tracking like Nurse, Huntress, and Leatherface but it’s kinda overkill when you have good tracking killers like Spirit and Wraith. Wraith has an add-on that makes it so blood is more discernible and Spirit has an add-on that shows blood while phasing.
My point is that Bloodhound is only really needed for certain killers. Most killers benefit from the more meta perks.
Interesting, I wonder how Bloodhound + Sloppy Butcher would work.
It does, super well.
Its incredible. You would need to be braindead to loose an injured survivor with that combo.
Speaking of countering tracking by SV with Dance with Me, Quick & Quiet and Lightfeather
Forget about losing the Killer if he runs Bloodhound. Your scratch marks are gone if you vault something, but not your blood. BD makes the trail then even easier ;)
As for Spirit and her red add-on (Fathers Glasses): Slap BD in your Perks inventory and this combo becomes bonkers