Killers base powers- How to make them viable

So obviously, most killers have weaker bases and they suck without addons. I want to discuss potential buffs to make killers good without their addons. Feel free to criticise me and suggest your own ideas.

Spirit

Now this might be one of the most addon reliant killers in the game. She has a rubbish duration, her speed was is quite bad when phasing but surprisingly, her recovery is OK since it doesn't matter much at 15 seconds. Now I have actually managed to have a 'perfect game' (32k BP and 4 reds) with her addonless at rank 1 but that doesn't mean she's ok without addons. To make her playable, make the effects of Yakuyoke Amulet in her base kit BUT the faster recovery is not added. I think a 15 second recovery is good for her. And she'd be able to cover more distance with these buffs.

Freddy

Now he's actually a surprisingly good killer with the right addons, he can delay the game, mind game in the transition and he can mindgame in chase really well actually. But he needs certain addons (pill bottle, class photo and ect...) so basically I suggest to make the latter a part of his base and he could actually have potential. Also just a sidenote, I'm no Freddy main but I have realised that he can be a good killer if he keeps everyone asleep without hitting them and is stronger than Legion and Leatherface.

Leatherface

Well er, I don't know how to make him viable at base. Can someone suggest me something?

Myers

20% faster stalking, give him the ability to stalk multiple people and give him no cap. This literally makes him a flawless killer without addons.

Hag

Right so I've been looking at how Hag used to be and I decided giving her a 50m base would make her viable without addons, Hag is literally one of the closest killers to being viable.

Wraith

Increase his movespeed while cloaked to 176% (equal to a phasing Spirit) and his speed burst duration to 1.5s to make him amazing but not too strong. Although, I'd argue he's OK right now.

Trapper

He's not a bad killer, can have an awesome snowball if you get some lucky traps but he's not too strong. I'd make his traps respawn every 60 seconds at base, give him 2 traps at base and allow him to reload traps at lockers, and let him reset traps without picking them up. He will have a maximum of 12 traps on the map at a time. This allows him to control 1/2 of the maps loops perfectly and on maps like Yamaoka Estate, he can control all of the loops with spare traps. (seriously 8 pallets is terrible.)

Doctor

Now he's pretty much the same as the Clown and they're both rubbish. So for Doctor, when a survivor is shocked, they cannot interact for 3 seconds. Right now it's 2.5 and it sucks a bit. He also gets a larger shock radius by 50% and he gets his shocking time decreased to 1.25 seconds. His terror radius in treatment mode gets increased to 45m. This makes him a monster in chase.

Clown

Now to seperate him from Doctor, he gets a larger bottle radius by 20%, he does not get slowed when he throws a bottle (idk why that was added) and he gets a 3.25 second slow when a survivor is hit by a bottle. This makes him good.

The ones who were left out:

Nurse

She's viable without addons. And great.

Billy

Hes viable without addons.

Legion

I dont know what to give him. And he's fundamentally broken for the game. So it's not fair to say how to make him have a viable base without reworking him.

Pig

Nowadays, she feels fine without addons, just great.

Huntress

She's not addon reliant either.

Comments

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49693/killers-base-powers-how-to-make-them-viable

    Spirit does not need add ons at all! I can get a 3 or 4 man at red rank repeatedly with her even with no add ons. You just gotta have good depth perception and know how to play her. Don't help Myers either. It is easy to get kills with Myers and he definitely does not need add ons. Just sit behind a person and pop tier three for an instadown. If you can't play a good game of Myers without add ons it is a problem on the player's end, not the killer's end.

    I do fine as Myers. :P, just that his stalking is far too slow and his power can be destroyed by stealthy survivors. if they wear out his stalk.

1 2 ›