Guide of the usual complaints from camped survivors
Disclaimer : the noble ancient art of Camping & Facecamping is 100% authorised by game devellopers of DBD like you can see in their official website : https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000442326-Can-I-report-a-player-for-face-camping
In life, there are curious people or just (salty) survivors that can't accept the fact that you can sometimes die in a PVP game.
When you practice "Strategic Waiting" (a better word than "facecamping"), these people ask you the same questions and say the same things over and over at the end chat. I mean it's always the same refrain, so you can predict their questions and pre-answer it with counter-arguments even before they've said it.
So I decided to write a guide to the questions, with the remarks I have for each game, like this: the ones who ask can get their answers and know why the killer camped.
"Why do the killer camp ?"
It is sad that I must explain why I camp : for kill, it's should be obvious. If we don't, you would otherwise try to rescue the guy on the hook. See, you have no respect for us at all. Do you think that after playing "Ring Around the Rosie" for 80 hours around the same pallet, waiting 10 years for have Bloodlust, 9 windows jumps, T-bags, and a Decisive Strike, we don't deserve the kill? You see us hooking (or camping), you know that we do that cause we want the kill, but no, you still try to save, I tell you : no respect for us... So we [the campers] are the victims here, it's us who should cry, not you. Besides, my dad told me that I should never run away of my problems, so I stay near the guy on the hook. But why do we really camp ? : because we can.
"What are the things which increase my chances of be camped?"
Bring a flashlight (or firecrakers) → Declaration of war → get a strategic waiting
Make noise with it → get a strategic waiting
Bring a medikit → possible instaheal → Bring Franklin → Loose one perk slot for Franklin → make the killer angry for that → get strategic waiting
Make us run for to long → no way to hook everybody 3 time → get strategic waiting
T-bag → disrespect → get a strategic waiting
Not click "ready" in the lobby → you love to wait without do nothing → get strategic waiting for please you
Be difficult to catch → we don't want to have to catch you two more times → get strategic waiting
Try to bodyblock us → get strategic waiting
Try to save someone on the hook → get strategic waiting
Pallet/windows looping → get strategic waiting
Bully us like you did on school → get strategic waiting
Do 360° → get strategic waiting
Wait the killer get close before run when you have Sprint Burst → get strategic waiting
Somebody is the "obsession" → everybody get strategic waiting
Destroy a hook or a totem → get strategic waiting
Destroy a Hex totem → everybody get strategic waiting
Saw where a Hex totem is → get strategic waiting
Slam a pallet on us while we pick up someone → get strategic waiting for you and the guy you tried to save
Bring tick mist → everybody get strategic waiting
Not leave once the door is open → get strategic waiting
Have "Desisive Strike, "Dead hard", "Sprint Burst", "Object of obsession", "Life", "Balance Landing" or "Adrenaline" perk → get hard strategic waiting
Do more than 1 gen before we hook someone → everybody get strategic waiting
Have a pseudo like "kill me" → get strategic waiting
Talk bad to us in a previous game → get strategic waiting
A map with a big zone where there are no hook → everybody get strategic waiting
Done all generators → everybody get strategic waiting
Go deliberaly toward the killer otherwise to try to avoid him → get strategic waiting
Finish a gen in front of our eyes → get strategic waiting
Self-healing in front of our eyes during a chase → get strategic waiting
Be on Lampkin Lane or Shelter Woods → everybody get strategic waiting (if the killer is dumb enough to not insta-disconect)
Switch item at the last second in the lobby → get strategic waiting
Come with people(s) who are in your friends list → get strategic waiting with all your friends
Not let yourself die when you get strategic waiting → get strategic waiting until you die
Touch a generator that we just broke few seconds ago → get strategic waiting
Got toward the killer's shack during a pursuit → get strategic waiting
The killers get nerfed in the last game update → everybody get strategic waiting
Pointing or wawing to the killer → get strategic waiting (exept if you had pointed a locker with someone inside).
Can't see nobody with BBQ+Chili → get strategic waiting
Someone, with whom you had a bad behaviour, hired me to camp you if I see you in my games one day → get strategic waiting
It's take us 20 years for find a lobby → everybody get strategic waiting
We are in a bad mood → everybody get strategic waiting
We use Insidious → get strategic waiting (camping is a discipline based on the economy of the movements: why chase somebody when you can wait that he come to you by himself? So it's like fishing: you suspend somebody on a (fish)hook to serve as bait, the others survivors are attracted, and you kill them when they trie to grab the hooked.
Not do generator and wait toward the hatch that everybody die→ no strategic waiting for you
(Note this is a not an exhaustive list).
"But I have done nothing to you, (baguette, croissant, frog)"
Maybe, but survivors are all toxic. It's the only thing you can be sure in this game. It's not because you didn't do something toxic against us yet that you wouldn't before the end of the match, so we prefer to kill you preventively. In any case I personally need to practice cause I'm actually training to represent France in DBD e-sport tournaments and prove that the French are very good players (like in football, see the World Cup 2018), usually the best (with the Russians). So don't worry, you didn't die for nothing.
"Do you enjoy to stand still 10 hours in front of the hook ?
Yes, it is actually extremely funny. See if we don't babysit the guy on the hook, we will be condemned to camp anyway (around a pallet looping, for 80h hours, time you do pallet loop). So we prefer to camp the hook otherwise to camp the pallet. It's more efficient and my hands are free to sip my coffee cup or red wine glasses of Château Latour (never take white wine on the wake up). Tasty.
And between us, I have already catch the survivor one time, I don't want to do that 2 more times, I find boring the video-games where you farm and do always the same thing over and over, don't you too?
"But camping is not fun for the survivor"
Really? In that case, how do you explain the fact that you stay with us all the way otherwise to just let yourself die on our hook? And why after you died, you went to spectate mode? (Personally I have a theory: you stay to observe me for learn one thing or two on how to play a good killer, but I could be wrong). Unless you are maso, why would you stay in a match where you have no fun at all? That's what makes no sense... camping must be at least little fun, otherwise you would not stay with us the whole time, like you all do. Beside, if you like to camp a pallet so much, wait endlessly at the exit gates for nothing (or in the lobby by not cliking "ready"), you should logically like to be camped on the hook and wait, no ?
So if you don't have fun, just let yourself die otherwise to continue to dance for us with your arms in P1 while we play that masterpiece ballad with the chainsaw.
Beside, imagine if Bruce Willis didn't sacrifice himself at the end of Armageddon : his death to save all others. A dead on the hook to save 3 people, but hooked survivors are too selfish to see that.
"You are a cancer for this game"
Do you think that, cause like the cancer, we kill people? But no, we are not a cancer, like a great president would say, we "make DBD great again" by balancing the game: two die, two live (if you are not brave/dumb enough to try to rescue). Everybody is happy, the game is equilibrated. Yes, I personally aim to please.
And if you think of it, since people often wish that I get cancer, it's proves that I'm not a cancer (because why would wish me to get cancer if I am a already cancer?).
"I report you"
In the section "this player is good"? Seriously for what motive do you want to report us? Facecamping? Have you read Can I report a player for face-camping? in the official website of DBD https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000442326-Can-I-report-a-player-for-face-camping and Game ban rules and how to report players in the forum : https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1474222499230242023/ ? Spoiler : we don't find camping or facecamping is a bannable offense, cause it is authorized. See, people often tell me that I have been reported by them, but after 900h of camp (and more than one year I played the game) I'm still here, unbanned, cause I don't violate the rules of the game, neither use cheat, only use the the tool provided by BHVR (Leatherface DLC).. Even the devs have said in video that Facecamping is not bannable ( www.youtube.com/embed/eehSShmVJSo?start=131 )! Why do you think they create the perk Insidious ? : They want us to camp.
But for people who insult us or wish us to die cause they don't respect our way of playing, I let you know that "insults, intimidation, hateful speech" IS a bannable offense... Again, we are the victims of the story. As you can see, my Ligne Maginot stands well against all your useless reports.
"I will write "camper" in the end game chat or on your Steam profile"
Bravo Sherlock, nobody figured out that we camp before you wrote it! Seriously Captain Obvious, can't you be more original than that? I know I'm a misunderstood artist, but why can’t you just respect the playstyle of others and say them "gg" at the end chat? Also, why did you complain if you managed to escape due to the fact I camped someone else? Why so much hate toward us? Besides, haven’t you camped? Each game I do, I see survivors who camp my generator until they are finished, what’s the difference with camping the hook until you are finished? In the end, we are the same.
"Camper with the perk NOED (No One Escapes Death)"
Say the survivors in the match I was who used (for AT LEAST one of them) Decisive Strike. At least you can destroy my Hex totem NOED before (and after) I use it, I can't do the same with your DS/SB/DH, so why are you complaining? Beside you can only complain to yourself: we would never had this conversation if you didn't powered 5 gen and activate the perk.
"Ahahah, you have only X amount of bloodpoints, xD, lol, lmao!!!!"
And? Generally you say that but we still got more points than you in that match. And even if it's not the case, had you saw that I'm Prestige 3 and my perks? I already have the best perks in the game lvl 3, so why would I want to have more points? To buy crappy perks that I will NEVER use? No thanks, they go to my 1 million unspent points. Beside, have you ever see a Strategic Waiter who play for points? In fact, bloodpoints are the cancer of this game (how many times that we saw people that prefer to do points otherwise than rather do the objectives?).
It's also a reason of why we camp: because we can't trust you. See you unhook blindly, without thinking, you try to unhook everybody (in order to have more of these toxic bloodpoints) without asking yourself for a second if the person that you are unhooking deserve to die or not. You know that the people on the hook was higly toxic (you saw him be toxic in the game or in the lobby) but no, you unhook him otherwise to let him die and come to t-bag him. So since we can't trust you, that you are the kind of guy who would help the worst kind of criminals to escape prison for an handful of dollars, we are to be here ourself.
"You will never reach the rank 1 if you play like this"
Oh really? Have you seen that I have already unlock the achievements "Legendary Killer"? Or my screenshoots gallery? Yes, I have already made it to Rank 1 by camping only. Besides, why would I want to be rank 1? The closer to Rank 1, the harder the survivors are to kill. Why would I make my life harder? I'm not maso.
Beside the ranks don't mean anything : in killer you can rank down while you have killed everybody ; in survivor you can rank up while you died. They are not an indicator of how good/bad you are.
"You shouldn't go for the easy option but look for challenge"
Oh really ? So you say to us that we should to look for challenge/difficulty, but you cry when we increase the difficulty of your game. See, if we don't don't camp you have each 14 chances to escape (3 to not be see + 3x2 hits for down you on the ground + 3 hooking + 1 DS/DH), so 55 chances for all of you (since you are 4). We deny this childish number to a more reasonable one (and I think that I can call myself a generous man, by any standards). 5 chance each (1 to not be see + 2 hits for down you on the ground + 1 DS + 1 hooking). What happen ? I trought that "you shouldn't go for the easy option but look for challenge", no ? You want challenge ? We give you a true challenge. If you die, don't blame the killer, blame yourself : you had 5 chances to survive, you didn't seize them.
You are "bad", "learn to play", "noob", "ez", "no skill"
Says the players who have generally found their death by our hand in the match. "ez" "l2p", but your blood or the one of your camarades is still fresh on our chainsaw. I have a serious question: if you manage to get caught/killed by "bad" players, aren't you automatically worse than them? It's a serious question. Btw, strategy/defense is a skill and "camping" is just another word for "defending an objective" or "strategical waiting", so I'm skilled. How can you say that I'm a "#########" (a step behind) when I'm actually a visionary (step forward)? And for finish : "it's the one who said it, who is it". But go head, don't listen me and write your untrue comment on my profile : I need salt for my french fries anyway.
In fact, when I see the number of full team I do by facecamping, without even moving, I said to myself that we are very nice to facecamp you. If you are low skill enough to be beaten by players who don't even move, imagine what would it be if we decide to move, the defeat/pantsed that you would take. Trust me: you prefer when we don't move.
Beside it would never occur to me to discriminate someone because of his skin color or his religion, etc, so I don't see why people do that to "campers", a word that they see as a pejorative term for a person who tries to break the monotony of the game. It still hurts me to see that there are still discrimination in 2019, especially when they come of French players, are we not teach the principle of "tolerance" in our school to young people nowadays?
"You can't kill without camp"
Oh, you know it's like if I tell you "oh, you can't survive without touch your keyboard", it's the same poor "logic". Beside you shouldn't worry about if I can or can't kill you without camp, but you should rather worry about the fact that it is 100% sure that I can kill with camp.
But for answer your question: it is actually not true. Personally one day I have bring a red mori and I can tell you that I bring death too without even camp.
In fact I have also developed another good efficient technic whitch doesn't implicate camp. In this one you pretend to be a friendly killer who just want to farm. Since everybody want these cancerous bloodpoints, they all come to farm otherwise to do gen. When everybody is deathook you have just to betray them by kill them. 0 gen and everybody deathook, generaly I do a lot of kills with this technic (especially on double points weekend).
"Follow a camper on Twitch? Why should somebody want to see a killer who don't move ?"
Well, nowadays viewers don't want to see killers who leave the hooks and finish the match with 0 kill. Why would somebody want to see a killer who gets no kills? Beside personally I am not inactive while I camp, I read the Twitch chat, the donations, the subscriptions... And the viewers who want to see a streamer who do asymetrical gameplay deserve to have someone to watch, don't they? You know for sure that you will be entertain if the title of a stream is "Tunelling, camping, killing and winning".
Personally I stream facecamp for the charity, so if you are tempted to insult me in the comentary sectio : know that you are a cruel person who insults peoples who seek to improve the world (and poor childrens) situation by raising funds for them by camping for the charity. Think of that: it's the people who say that I'm a bad person who are the really bad persons...
"You are not fair-play", "no honor", "no respect the Kobe"
Fair play and Kobe? It's for the weak. We play the KILLER, so the goal of the game is to KILL. The title is "Dead by Daylight", not "Alive/Bloodpoints/Rescued by Daylight" so we must camp and kill to honor the developers. The problem is you think that camping is OP. Why shouldn’t we want to use an OP strat anyway? (Like I said before: why would I make my life harder?) Do you think that when a war where one side has tanks, the other only soldiers, the General of the tank's army say "oh, let's keep our tanks in the garage and fight them on foot, it'll be more fair for them"? How bad of a General you would be… And besides, morals shouldn't interfere in art! Trust me, being French and an aRtist (with a R, not a U like you often misspell) myself, I know a lot about art.
Beside, how can you say kobe is a fair thing? Did the killer have a 4% a chance too? Like that the survivors who struggle have 4% chance to get instakill? How can you say that is a fair thing while the 4% is only advantage one side (the survivors) and not the both?
But now I see you coming, like my ex-friend you must surely think that I have freak out, that I'm a little disturbed of the noggin, that I am a madman, a neurotic, a degenerate, a dangerous paranoid, a crazy man that we must lock up emergency, a psychopath able to camp kids in the game when they play after school. Well unfortunately... you're absolutly right.
"Camper are noob, while they camp we can do all the generators and escape easily"
Yeah, in theory you can! But you forgot to take in consideration a big factor : the extreme dumbness of some survivors. See you have one job with us, one SINGLE job : do the generators. But there are ALWAYS survivors who, despite the fact we have a full loaded chainsaw, try to save. I swear, they try to save to any cost. (And of course they end on the ground, even if they think they are invincible with Borrowed Time, but spoiler : no they aren't). And after that they generally insult us, but remember if you were killed while trying to save in front of our chainsaw, you can only blame yourself. I mean, you could have stay in your corner and wait the guy on the hook die for take the hatch, but no, it would be asking too much from you.
The other day, one Claudette raise and healed a guy I downed in the ground and that I can't hook cause I was too busy to camp another guy on a hook. After the guy on the hook died, I meet Claudette, down her and camp her, and it was here that I had that reflection : "see Claudette, if you had confined yourself to taking care of your own business instead of interfering in mine, I would have take Jake on the ground to a hook after the first guy died on the hook and would have camped him instead of you, you could have done gen and escape during that time but no, you decided to raise the guy I have planned to camp next". See being Altruistic against a camper is not the best idea you can have.
Beside, camp is not only and ancient art of kill. For some people (not me, I camp everybody) the goal is not always to kill, it is also to punish people who have toxic behaviour and aquilibrate the game (to counter friendly killers who ruin the game). For them camp is also exist to bring justice and campers are vigilantes likes Batman or Superman.
"Don't you have remorse?"
Nope. The majority of the DBD players agree that someone who spends all game trying to annoy the killer other than doing gens deserve to be camped. 99% of the time, when I hook somebody, they see me camping (they hating ♫) but they don't let themself die, they just struggle for two minutes. They know they can't be rescued, they just choose to stay two minutes for annoy me (or at least try to annoy me, but they don't how much I like to wait). And what is a guy who spend all his (remaining) time to only annoy the killer (and no do gen)? : a guy who deserve to be camped according to the DBD community. So 99% of the time the guys that I had camped deserved it, and I have even less remorse when I see what they say to me in the end chat...
"Do you feel like you earned those kills?"
How about I ask you this: do you feel as though you deserve to survive?
"You even camped the hatch"
Yeah of course ; my personal record is 1h17 (after that the survivor lost patience, jump in, I grab him and hook him). All he had to do is generators, but no his ego was to big and he was not so intelligent, I mean: play a time game (like the hatch) against a pro camper, how did he think it's was gonna end ? Like John Dryden have written in his famous poem : « Beware the Fury of a Patient Man »
"If I meet you in the game I will tunel and camp you"Modifier
Oh ! Good luck for kill me, I never play the survivor. I mean I'm not fool to do that with all the salty people that I have killed who had put a bounty on my head. Beside is also one of the reason why we camp : at the end game people generaly say that they want to kill us, burn our house, do things to our mothers/sisters or to our whole family. How can you look at all the comments on my Steam profile and say that I am not in danger? So that one of the reason we stay at the hook rather than go towards the other survivors. I mean: do you will go toward peoples who want to kill you in IRL ? No, you will try to avoid any contact with them.
"According to you, we should wait under the hook"
"Gneu gneu, if we listen the facecampers we can only wait under the hooks without doing anything, waiting for you to kill us."
Well, when you think of it, it's not a bad technique for two reasons. I even come to think that it is the best method to counters facecampeur.
See, in general when I play, after a game where I get 4 kills I stop there: I leave the game. Indeed, I like to leave the game in a good mood, on a total victory ; in general when I do my 4 kills I am satisfied and I don't want to take any chances by doing another match in which I could make a lower score
90% of the time I make 3 or 4 kills in my first game of the day. The thing is that you want to clowing : "gneu gneu he camp so we go gen-rush". The problem of your technique is that if I finish my match with only two kills (you have never less than two when you camp), I'm going to say to myself : "sh*it, I'm going to play another match for finish on a better score for illuminate my day". So all you have won to no give me my 4 kills is to give four other survivors a game against a facecampeur when I would had left the game if you was a good boy who died otherwise to escape.
Do not forget that with time the game becomes boring for a facecampeur: there is no real challenge because you known that the match will end with a victory for you (with minimum 2 kill, but usually rather 4 or 3). So we tend to not play much. But I guess the survivors are too selfish for let themselves be killed so that the camper would quit the game after his first match and not camp four others random in a second match.
PS: And yet : don't wait under the hooks that we come to you for slaughter you, come rather to us: it avoids us to move.
"You convince me, I want to be like you cause it's the only way to play well"
No problem, you should read my Steam guide called "how to camp/win with skill". I had previously formed a lot of pupils who came to me after reading this guide. One of my goals is to pave the way for those who will follow my works. Camping is an art, holding my secrets while being such a virtuoso would be selfish. I like to think that the day I will go, I will leave behind a powerful army of hook defenders, instructed by none other than I, that will continue that lifetime discipline.
"Why do you feel the need to justify yourself ?"
Why do you feel the need to tell me how I should - or shouldn't - kill you ? Why do you think that I "refuse to play normaly"? What did tell you that I am not the one who play "normally" while the other killers who doesn't camp are the ones who refuse to play "normaly"? Anyway, there is not only one way to play, and since I buy the game, I play it like I want as long as I not violate any rule :)













Comments
Haha awesome post.
I salute you.
half of these are killer made up rules, they want you to abide by in order to make you “think” they are less likely to camp or tunnel you. I promise campers gonna camp and hook chasers are gonna hook chase.
It DOES NOT matter what you do or don’t do.
I’ll bring an item I paid for with my hard earned bp if I want to. I’ll suffer your made up “consequences/reasonings” if you catch me.
-survivor
PS. Just be honest you like easy games Bc survivors will fall for it, and MOST killers feel like they need more time Bc they can’t tunnel and camp 4 survivors to death when they don’t fall for it. I’m not calling anyone specific out but if the shoe fits wear it on your head or whatever.
Thats probably the best thought-through post frmo a new account.
Well done
If you dont follow my made up rules, then I dont see a reason to follow your made up rules. Thats how I handle this stuff
-killer
We don’t care about made up rules!
-you and me ❤️
I don’t have any rules , it’s anything goes in my house , with a side of it be like that sometimes.
You must understand that DBD is not a democraty, the killer have of right of life or death on any survivor. If anyone break his rules, he gonna propably die. Of course the survivor who think he can fought his law can try to escape, but good luck to him to escape a killer who hard-tunnel him and only him. Generally you fought the law and the law won.
Thats it.