Can we have cross platform capability? (This doesn't sound like a bad idea)

Personally, I feel like this wouldn't be too much to ask for and will cause more positives rather than negatives in my opinion.

Pros:
-Faster Matchmaking.
-Play with your friends regardless of their platform.
-Groups the community instead of dividing them into different sections.
-Diversity in rank, AKA more players at every rank.

Cons:
-PC hackers will be more common to console users.
-PC and console players might have an advantage depending on their tools.
-Possibly harder games for both survivors and killlers.

What's your stance on cross platform capability? Would you want this?

Comments

  • I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

  • @Ryuhi said:
    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Console players claim all the time that their platform is as competitive as PC, so lets throw them together in the same pool :smile:

  • Cross-platform with PC will be a huge flop. And i don't expect them to add it anytime soon because you know, optimisation pass.

  • Ryuhi said:

    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Give me your best nurses, I need a challenge anyways! :)
  • I want it. But before this happens, other things has to be done:
    Mouse and keyboard support 
    Optimisation patch 
    Ability for console players to chose if they want to match up against pc players

    After that I see absolutly no reason to be against that
  • Imagine ps4 nurse against pc swf.
  • @Master said:

    @Ryuhi said:
    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Console players claim all the time that their platform is as competitive as PC, so lets throw them together in the same pool :smile:

    Only cause it's true! Bring it on!

  • Shad03 said:

    @Master said:

    @Ryuhi said:
    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Console players claim all the time that their platform is as competitive as PC, so lets throw them together in the same pool :smile:

    Only cause it's true! Bring it on!

    The whining is going to be huge lol. I think it's going to feel like 2016 playing against console players, stomping them as killer ez or doing a 5 gen run without using pallets lol
  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Shad03 said:

    @Master said:

     @Ryuhi said:
    

    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Console players claim all the time that their platform is as competitive as PC, so lets throw them together in the same pool :smile:

    Only cause it's true! Bring it on!

    The whining is going to be huge lol. I think it's going to feel like 2016 playing against console players, stomping them as killer ez or doing a 5 gen run without using pallets lol

    Nah, there are plenty of pros here. And with (he who shall not be named) banned from console, there will possibly be little toxicity that can grow (there are still some toxic players though).

  • Shad03 said:

    @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    Shad03 said:

    @Master said:

     @Ryuhi said:
    

    I get the feeling console survivorss would not be fans of PC nurses in their games :chuffed:

    There are a few things that would need to be streamlined between each version on the backend that would potentially decrease the quality of some aspects of the game, especially in regards to the framerate.

    Console players claim all the time that their platform is as competitive as PC, so lets throw them together in the same pool :smile:

    Only cause it's true! Bring it on!

    The whining is going to be huge lol. I think it's going to feel like 2016 playing against console players, stomping them as killer ez or doing a 5 gen run without using pallets lol

    Nah, there are plenty of pros here. And with (he who shall not be named) banned from console, there will possibly be little toxicity that can grow (there are still some toxic players though).

    Do you know any good streamer on console? Everyone I watched was awful compared to average pc players
  • @Nickenzie said:
    Personally, I feel like this wouldn't be too much to ask for and will cause more positives rather than negatives in my opinion.

    Pros:
    -Faster Matchmaking.
    -Play with your friends regardless of their platform.
    -Groups the community instead of dividing them into different sections.
    -Diversity in rank, AKA more players at every rank.

    Cons:
    -PC hackers will be more common to console users.
    -PC and console players might have an advantage depending on their tools.
    -Possibly harder games for both survivors and killlers.

    What's your stance on cross platform capability? Would you want this?

    I'm all for cross platform play. I would love to play with friends and against friends that have this on xbox including several of my coworkers. Since Sony doesn't support KM i'm not a big fan of playing against PC but i could adapt. I would also cross my fingers that they could weed out the hackers that manipulate their game files for an advantage.

  • XBOX + PS4, just not PC
  • XBOX + PS4, just not PC
    This. 
    Console players play under the same circumstances (crappy fps, lagspikes, controller sensitivity limit) so PS4+XBOX ONE would be neat.
  • Sounds good on paper

  • It will never happen due to both PC and Console versions have different things in them. The main difference being PC has Bill from L4D, and Console does not.

  • PC will laugh as they watch console player spin around blindly from frame drops. I'm all for more players but there is a notable difference in performance at key moments.
  • It will never happen due to both PC and Console versions have different things in them. The main difference being PC has Bill from L4D, and Console does not.

    And why exactly is this preventing crossplay? Console players will just still not be able to play bill, simple is that I guess lol 
  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    It will never happen due to both PC and Console versions have different things in them. The main difference being PC has Bill from L4D, and Console does not.

    And why exactly is this preventing crossplay? Console players will just still not be able to play bill, simple is that I guess lol 

    Because the console version doesn't have the data for the bill player model and audio. And console will never get these files because Valve doesn't want console to have it.

  • @HavelmomDaS1 said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

    It will never happen due to both PC and Console versions have different things in them. The main difference being PC has Bill from L4D, and Console does not.

    And why exactly is this preventing crossplay? Console players will just still not be able to play bill, simple is that I guess lol 

    Because the console version doesn't have the data for the bill player model and audio. And console will never get these files because Valve doesn't want console to have it.

    There is a difference between console players beeing able to play billy and console players just having bill on their screen played by a pc player 
  • Only between PS4 and Xbox. If you want them to have cross platform with PC the game needs to be optimized first for console