Thinking How I'd Buff Ghostface
About time to say goodbye to the forums. So I figured I'd make some posts I was putting off for the future. This is one.
When I think of Ghostface, it's like this. His mark is simultaneously strong, and ridiculously weak. It's enough that once you feel stalked enough you have to respect it, and it will pop at any moment if ur not careful. But unless he's right on your back you're probably safe. Even if you don't outrun the mark, what's the difference in a one shot if you get downed at 52 seconds? Not a very fast chase right? But when buffing Ghostface I don't want to go the easy route and just say "He moves at mach a million when exposing a survivor and kills them". Because that's not very engaging nor fitting for his fantasy. I think when buffing killers its important to retain their identity, and not just take the path to A tier character when easily available.
Instead I want to make marking useful when out of chase as well, and also a bit better within chase without turning him into a charging bull.
So here's my proposition:
Paranoid, a Ghostface specific status effect.
Paranoid does two things. First, it give intermittent aura reveal. Not for super long, about 2 seconds (keep in mind this will be in play during chase as well). Second, it will impair gen speeds in some way. I was thinking it'd slow all actions really. Not by a huge margin. Maybe 12%? I'm thinking it's thana values, or at least old thana cus I don't know if the current version is better or not rn. Basically, it's enough to hinder, not so much to stall forever. Otherwise we get the issue of extreme stalling. It's just supposed to be a hinderance, not a total slowdown.
Secondly I think Ghostface should get a 3% haste bonus when in Nightshroud. This way, he's still a bit more lethal while undetectable, and while chasing survivors. It's not so much totally break the game, but it does increase his lethality without giving him perma haste. Also makes mind-gaming in nightshroud more dangerous too because that little bit of distance gained makes a difference.
So, whole point of this? Basically lean into the stalker fantasy really hard. When marked, survivors do need to be hypervigilant. Especially now that Ghostface has a lot of ways to track them while marked and sneak up on them. While also making marks a useful tool for things outside of chase alone. He's a bit stronger in chase when nightshroud is active, to help him close the gap and get those hits he would usually just barely miss even when playing correctly.
I do find ghostface to be really fun at high levels. There's a lot of push and pull. He's not very good, but he can still wreck a team if they arent careful. The whole idea of this is to give him more utility with his power and help him a tiny bit in chase without making him oppressive.
Comments
Boring. Make him able to reveal survivors and mark survivors through wall, give him 10 % haste for 10s after someone gets exposed and he's two tiers higher.