Player Intent Wheel Using Controller

Just some quick feedback about the player intent wheel on controller - it was a little difficult to activate having to let go of D-Pad right while holding the direction (example video below), it would be good to have a linger on the input so that letting go of both would select the chosen option. Tears of the Kingdom nails this.

It would also be easier for controller users if the wheel segments were rotated slightly so that up, down, left and right on the thumbstick would correspond to segments. I had to use 2 segments for the same message to make it easier for me to hit diagonally.

A future improvement would be mapping the top, right, bottom and left choices to the Y, B, A and X buttons (Xbox controller).

I thought I wouldn't like the system but it's quite fun. The most used messages I saw and used were "Damn!", "Nice" and "Thanks". "Healing" seems redundant but "Need Healing" is missing. "Going for Hex" is one that I would be using a lot too. Looking forward to other options in the future!

Example of missing the option when letting go of the D-Pad right and direction at the same time:

https://youtu.be/sj6ELplTm3Y https://youtu.be/kui99NzWQ1Y

Comments