Returning Player: What is most important to re-learn?

Long story short: I haven't played since the Tokyo Ghoul release. I got Springtrap when he came out and I played a few matches online to learn him, but that was it.

Long story long: last month I updated the game, booted it up, and was immediately overwhelmed by 300 popups and menu click-throughs, a constant stream of little unlocks or something happening at the bottom of my screen making ringing noises, and every button on the screen had a little red update icon on it. I sort of blindly clicked on every button until it all cleared away, and I found myself staring at a totally new UI I would have to learn to navigate, not to mention all the perks and abilities I'd have to read through to see what they did now. I didn't want to have to work before I could play, so I ended up closing the game to try again later. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I updated the game again today and saw that on September 14 they announced 58 perks would be changing (ugh), and on the 15 they released a beta for sending texts during a match??

To finally get to my question: What are the biggest changes since Tokyo Ghoul that I should worry about actually taking the time to learn? Are any of them going to catch me off guard if I just try to join a few matches later?

Does NOED still suck?

Comments

  • New killers, new perks is probably everything you need to know.

    Also you should know about diminishing returns.