Distressing could use a slight nerf

Distressing buff was an ok buff and I have absolutely no complaints about it.

However, since this diminishing returns is a thing, you can nerf it by giving it a 20% larger terror radius and buff coulrophobia by giving it a 20% larger terror radius and possibly nerf the skill check pointer speed down to 20 or 25% because it would be a bit too much for newer players

Comments

  • Personally, at least so far, I think Distressing is alright as is, granted I don't love that higher tier killers with bigger TRs like Ghoul, Blight and Billy can use it best. I feel like if Distressing is an issue we won't be able to tell until it's been around for long enough and people have had plenty of chances to play against it, because in all my survivor matches in the PTB I never encountered once a killer using the perk (in fact, most of the killers weren't using any changed perks at all for some reason).

    On the topic of Coulrophobia, I think in general the concept of the perk is that you shouldn't heal in the TR, and because of that I think it's okay that the skill checks are fast, I would just rather they revert the speed back to 50% and make it not apply to downed survivors for a healthier perk that doesn't benefit slugging play styles.

  • I've been thinking about distressing and honestly, if it were to directly make your terror radius a larger number (For example, setting all killers at 52 meters, which is what it makes the 40 meter TR ones currently) would be pretty good. I don't think it's unbalanced right now, but a change to make it a fixed larger terror radius would actually make it more useful in the killers without as large terror radii.

  • I'm not saying that because it's too strong but just for the fact diminishing returns is a thing. Combined perks that way give exactly the same value and distressing finally comes with a value, even if it's a niche one.

    @Arcturus said:

    Personally, at least so far, I think Distressing is alright as is, granted I don't love that higher tier killers with bigger TRs like Ghoul, Blight and Billy can use it best. I feel like if Distressing is an issue we won't be able to tell until it's been around for long enough and people have had plenty of chances to play against it, because in all my survivor matches in the PTB I never encountered once a killer using the perk (in fact, most of the killers weren't using any changed perks at all for some reason).

    On the topic of Coulrophobia, I think in general the concept of the perk is that you shouldn't heal in the TR, and because of that I think it's okay that the skill checks are fast, I would just rather they revert the speed back to 50% and make it not apply to downed survivors for a healthier perk that doesn't benefit slugging play styles.

    I agree with you about not applyiong on dowmed survivors here

  • I don't like how Distressing with survivors a debuff so free
    Especially because a lot of tier S killer have a 40 m radius, so is gonna be harsh