We should strive for fun games for both sides
We all know this happens from time to time. Why not always? And it's not about losing or winning it's about not making someone miserable by being toxic and making games unfun using op stuff and cheap tactics.
Comments
The letting the last survivor have the hatch can be good but you have to be careful. Happened one game where this survivor just hid all game and others did all the work. Funny how the escaped survivor scored the least
Sadly, wishing that people stop won't stop it. Some people are so devoid of empathy that they get grim satisfaction from anger and frustration and the damage that they inflict on others will only create more of those sort of players.
Monopoly is a timeless classic but if you keep going to jail and landing on your opponents Mayfair hotel it’s not a fun game every time.
No-one thinks Monopoly needs a fix.
Your definition of "toxicity" seems to be a bit off aswell.
People trying to win has nothing to do with them being toxic.
If i don't play how i want, i won't have fun.
If i want to create fun on both sides, i first need to make sure i have fun, otherwise i fail to do so before i even begin.
If that kind of attitude makes you skeptic about how i play, while i don't have any proof, i can assure you that the complaints about my playstyle are minimal, excluding false claims.
@Eveline like life, this game is also a gamble - if you play this game or do anything in life, you have to accept risk. You will never be able to eliminate the factor of risk. Accept that fact and learn how to deal with it or forever complain
Absolutely. It's not fun to deal with, but it's not toxic. Not in my opinion.
Fun is relative, not everyone considers the same things fun. That's why it's very difficult to make the match fun for all players in a match.
I have fun when I have an intense match that requires a lot of concentration and dedication. Others consider it fun to farm bloodpoints, something I find utterly boring and a waste of time
Correct. And I would never call them toxic for doing so
Fun is subjective to each player and a win can mean many things, personally for me it's a fun game where we all have some good chases, multiple hooks, saves and earn lots of points whether playing killer or survivor, a good amount of bloodpoints is what I perceive as a win.
Survivors
Some like to troll others
Some like to do the objective
Some like to be chased
Some like to make it as infuriating for the killer as possible
Some like to do what you are saying
Killers
Some like to camp
Some like to kill quickly
Some like to hook multiple players
Some like to slug
Some like to make it as unfun for survivors depending on how the games have been going
We all have to realise the player/s on the other side are not your friend (yet) they will play in a way they wish to for their fun even if it means the other side has a more miserable experience, the game breeds this mentality as each side depending on how well they can play thinks the other is OP and the end game chat breeds toxicity especially with some players who straight out start attacking the other side.
All @Eveline is saying, is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_0GqPvr4Ugive peace a chance
BUT
We all are, that's why we're here
I tried the first 400-500 hours. Then I gave up, taste your own medicine
You know the saddest part?
So many players have started out nice and then over time the toxicty made them start to take it out on the players in the next game and it keeps breeding from there, I wish i could be more positive about it but after 2 years of playing it has gotten worse not better.
I personally still play nice regardless as I refused to lower myself to that point.
I broke after a few hundred hours already
I'm not playing specially scummy or anything, never play Nurse either but my goal is always to get a 4k or to escape and I'll do whatever it takes to get that. A typical sweaty tryhard.
I'll never initiate "fun matches". If people play funny, I'm absolutely going to join to have a good time but I'm not the one that's going start it.
Bring me positivity and I'll return it, but it's not coming out of nowhere ^^