Nerfing The Judgment Based on Data Collected While She Was Bugged

If the reason for nerfing The Judgment is that its kill rate and overall performance increased after 10.1.2, I think there is an important issue with using that data as the basis for balance changes.

During that same period, Divine Light had a major bug where it would repeatedly rubberband while being controlled, almost as if it were getting caught on terrain. This noticeably slowed it down and effectively reduced its range, making long-range shots much harder or sometimes unrealistic.

So the data being used to evaluate The Judgment was collected while one of her core abilities was not functioning properly.

If her kill rate still increased despite that bug, what would her actual performance have looked like if Divine Light had been working correctly?

And more importantly, is it really reasonable to make a balance decision based on performance data collected while such a significant bug was affecting the killer?

I think the bug should have been fixed first, followed by a reasonable period of data collection under normal conditions, before deciding whether further nerfs were necessary.

Comments

  • @Hoopme said:

    Did they confirm she's getting nerfed?

    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/381210/view/670628659676053756

    It has already been rolled out on the backend.

  • what u don't getbis how they nerfed the judgement yet multiple add ons and her beam are ultra bugged . Classic move by BHVR

  • I didn't even like the last buffs anyway they made her too easy and removed any incentive to deny Zealous.

  • I think reverting the last buff was fair path and will make Judgment more fair. I personally didn't mind uncharged beams to be curveable longer but non-zelaous curves had no reason to exist. Hope this will discourage people here from saying BHVR only catters killer community. Now I'd say Judgment doesn't need any more changes.

  • I feel like beyond the data BHVR had, there was also a lot of feedback that those last two buffs were just entirely unnecessary, and shouldn't have happened. She was already strong, the last two buffs just tipped her over the edge of being op. I am very happy they nerfed her back to how she was before the hotfix.