A moment of positivity to encourage the devs that this is the right direction

If you know me or have seen my posts, you will know that I've had a lot of negative things to say about some of the perk changes. And while I stand by those complaints and concerns, at the same time I don't think I've taken a moment to acknowledge how good of a thing this patch is overall for the game and its future. I still have more I want to talk about regarding this update, but I'm going to take that moment to talk about the positives before I go back to complaining lmao.

This update genuinely breathes new life into so many weak, underused, or even useless perks. Giving players more viable options to choose from and thus encouraging perk variety will always be a good thing. I'm sure many of these new perk changes will create some people's new favorite perks and builds, I know that I have already found some super fun and even hilarious combos (like a backpack build with Agitation and Ravenous).

I think somewhere the devs mentioned they wanted to do something like this in the future as well, and please do. There are so many more perks that need some love, even simple number changes, and if we get every perk to a place where they are at least usable, DBD's perk ecosystem as a whole will be so much more vibrant and creative for it.

The chat wheel as well, while there are some improvements I hope to see, is a very nice edition to the game, giving players some level of communication with each other and helping bridge the gap between solos and SWFs even a tiny bit more. Already it seems to have spawned a little bit of a meme with the entire team going "Damn!" every time someone goes down, which feels nice to see the community feeling more whole even for a joke.

This is genuinely a monumental patch BHVR, and I hope you know it is a great thing and will be great for the future of the game if you do this in the future as well, and I look forward to seeing those patches and the new ideas that spawn from those changes too.

Comments

  • to be honest, i think alot of people are upset that their comfort picks arent going to be as useful or now do something very different than before. I.E people want change as long as it doesnt change the things they themselves like. only things they dont care about or dislike.

    i think overall the changes were all very good as well.

    im not a fan of thrill being reworked because my playstyle is heavily hex focused but i understand that the devs determined it needed a change even if im not a fan of it and i feel it weakens an already very fragile playstyle i use.

    But the devs saw issues with it, like with deliverance and windows (survs should be happy windows was changed because the survivor skill base is dropping abysmally low and windows is a major reason for it.) and if we want a game shakeup and it not to be stale we have to be ok or open to some uncomfortable changes. both sides got some pretty crazy buffs. but as you no doubt are aware, we are about to enter a new stage of behavior only ever touches X while ignoring anything that happens to Y.