New Perk Changes
Ok so I am happy to trade Thrill for Shoulder, that's fine I guess. They're both strong & I'll be honest Shoulder doesn't see that much play anyway except in those unique situations or in certain swfs more to the point. It's fine to let this exchange happen so that two strong perks each side have been made very much weaker than they were.
All that said though, WHY THE STAKE OUT REWORK!? Also WHY THE SLIPPERY MEAT REWORK!?
Stake out seemed more viable with Road Life after the changes there, then I scroll & see you trashed it so Road Life is still just the same as it was before essentially so what's the point!? Worse than that though, so many good changes or additions to older, less used, more niche perks but you rework Slippery Meat (a perk I like for silly self unhook build) WITHOUT ANY CHANGE TO UP THE ANTE!? Why change a perk that basically only ever gets used with one other, without changing the other which arguably needs the change more!?
Someone please make it make sense, I'm not going to sit here & say this patch is killer sided because it's really not, the perks overall have had positive changes that raise their bar on both sides. The nerfs seem fair or at least make sense & therefore should just shake up the gameplay a little to their main principal, this is all good. But why make changes like these when others have been made in the same patch? Some of those perks benefits only shine if paired with perks you've then also changed so they end up just being in the same place. I'm not gonna lie, I need stake out for Hyperfocus. I reckon I'd need it for Road Life too, but that not going to happen now, so I'm still not likely to use Road Life. Why change the perks with uses to stop them pairing with other perks, the combos we create are part of the fun & should be the priority because it creates more options for builds that then make everyone's experience playing different, if I want to build craft let me. I can't if the perks don't pair well enough. I already hate diminishing returns for still basically killing perks 3rd & 4th in the stack chain but now we're patching combos out. It's just a shame.
Sorry for such a long rant there. Had to vent it though. Overall the patch is fine, needs more testing but some things I think need taking back to the drawing board first.
The last thing I'll say is in relation to maybe going back to the drawing board, that being the fact that while I do understand the nerfs to Shoulder & think they are definitely more of a risk I REALLY hate that it deactivates for everyone after its use. I hate any game where that can happen, you bring something but because someone else did it or used it first now you can't. That's the only issue I have.
Other than that, all good. Thanks for coming to my ted talk. See you in the fog
Comments
Stake out was fine for many years, but then Hyperfocus made it broken because of its existence. I would have preferred if they reworked Hyperfocus instead since stake out was fine for many many years without it.