About the Xenomorph's Control Stations and Tunnels in 2v8
As a Xenomorph main, I'm really happy to see it join 2v8, and huge thanks to the devs for making it happen.
There are a bunch of smaller things I'd love to see tweaked down the line (base kit stuff and so on), but the number one thing I'd like improved is the Control Stations and Tunnels, like the title says.
If you've played this Killer in 2v8 a few times you probably already know what I mean: the Control Stations just don't cover the whole map to begin with. And since the Tunnels are tied to them, the underground network only covers part of the map too, and sometimes you end up with really weirdly shaped Tunnels.
Here are some examples of what I mean:
- A Control Station sitting off on its own, so the only path leading to it in the Tunnels is a single straight line
- No Control Stations anywhere in the middle of the map, so you get a big empty dead zone in the Tunnels
- 3–4 Generators spawning outside the area where Control Stations spawn
This is a downside for Survivors too. When there's no Control Station nearby, you get areas where countering the Killer by deploying Turrets becomes really difficult. (This Killer is obviously busy in 2v8 as well and doesn't have much time to drop into the Tunnels, so you end up with situations where Survivors just get hunted down one-sidedly in areas with no Turrets.)
I think this would be solved if 2v8 spawned Control Stations equal to (or close to) the number of Generators, with the Tunnels expanding to match.
And since the same thing could happen with any future Killer that spawns their own objects on the map (The Onryō, The Animatronic / Springtrap, etc.), I wanted to raise it now as something worth fixing at the source. Even if it doesn't make it in until a later 2v8 run, I'd really appreciate seeing it addressed.
Comments