Am I wrong about the matchmaking?

I don't think the current matchmaking (and perhaps game balance) is capable of creating a competitive environment for killers that are actually good at the game. It's easy to believe this to be true when watching twitch streamers go on these massive winstreaks of 50+, 100+, 200+ and there's even a guy on another 1100+ winstreak with post-nerf blight. Of all the survivor players I'm aware of there's only one group capable of doing the same thing and it's a lot more difficult obviously for them to all get together and spam games all day.

Secondly, my own games (mostly as a solo queue survivor) are just ping-ponging between games that are unwinnable and games that are too easy. There was one day where I actually played against that killer I mentioned above with 1100 wins and just a few games after that I was playing against a baby trapper. Like I just don't understand how that can even happen.

As an aside because I'm not sure if I'll make another post here the official DBD stats page is very wrong about escape rates. I've tracked my own escape rates and I'm at about 50% and yet my escape rate on their site often has me above 70% (sometimes even 80%). It seems to not be counting games we abandon as deaths thus inflating escape rate. Very misleading and I wish they'd fix it.

Comments