Initialization error

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I haven't been able to play in days and my support ticket is in queue because there's a high volume of inquiries. As of the update this afternoon I'm 2 updates behind now because I'm on Switch, and I've been plagued with the initialization error telling me my game's loaded incorrectly and I should restart it. I've tried resetting the router, archiving the software and redownloading, deleting the software and redownloading (both of these took over an hour to complete), checking if the Switch itself or the dock needs an update (they did not), checked if there was a license thing like there is on Playstation, checked that the date/time is correct, checked the timezone is correct, went in and changed the Internet settings to manual and did the 0.8.8.8 and 0.4.4.4 thing, none of it has helped.

Is it possible it's because I'm so many updates behind now and I should just wait for it to catch up to the same version as PC or is there something else I can do to try to fix this? I have never had any issues launching the game while crossplay has been off before so I'm just confused.

Comments

  • On computer you would most likely need to delete all the settings files you have to fix that problem. I don't know if you can do that on Switch. I mean the files that keep the settings of your key customatization and game settings. Those usually don't get deleted when you uninstall the game even on PC.

    You can then restart the game and it will create those files again and you of course have to set your customatization on settings again.

  • I don't think that's a thing for Switch unfortunately, I was either given an option to delete the software but keep game data or lose all my data. I tried archiving and deleting it while keeping actual game progress (took an hour and 40 minutes both times) and didn't work.

  • @merri1400 said:

    I don't think that's a thing for Switch unfortunately, I was either given an option to delete the software but keep game data or lose all my data. I tried archiving and deleting it while keeping actual game progress (took an hour and 40 minutes both times) and didn't work.

    Doesn't that just mean you did not delete the settings data and so did not really do the full clean install?

  • I….guess but I don't want to lose all my items and prestiges and DLC.

  • @merri1400 said:

    I….guess but I don't want to lose all my items and prestiges and DLC.

    You don't lose that its all on servers. You only lose your keybindings, aura preferences, other game settings etc. that are locally saved. All cosmetics and what characters you own is on your account in the server side.

  • Ok so when I look I have the option archive or delete and it specifies delete does not get rid of the save data and those are the two options. I've done both of these options and waited close to two hours. I'll do it again for the hell of it but neither one of them fixed the problem.

    Edit: Now I'm getting errors and can't get the download to even start.