The Judgment Lore Discrepancy in the Korean
Subject: Localization Discrepancy in "The Judgment" Lore Text (Korean Client) – Barbarians Ch. 7 & 12
Hello,
I'd like to report what looks like a localization inconsistency in the in-game lore for the killer "The Judgment" (Chorus of Sin chapter), specifically in the "Barbarians" scripture excerpts.
In the Korean client, the lore reads:
- I Barbarians, Chapter 12: Gerhardt is the one who pierced his own hand at the shrine to prove his devotion.
- II Barbarians, Chapter 7: Koenrad is the one who tore out his own eyes as proof of his trust in Judgment.
However, the English source text reads the opposite:
- I Barbarians, Chapter 12: "Koenrad the Pious... pierced his hands upon the shrine."
- II Barbarians, Chapter 7: "Gerhardt the Blind, who tore out his own eyes..."
The two character names appear to be swapped between the Korean localization and the English version of these two chapters. I've attached screenshots of the Korean client text for reference.
Could you please clarify whether:
- this was an unintended translation/localization error in the Korean client,
- the difference from the English text was intentional, and
- if so, what the reason for this difference was?
I'm putting together lore content in Korean for this chapter and want to make sure I attribute the right character to the right story. Any clarification would be really appreciated.
Thank you for your time, and congratulations on the new chapter!
Best regards,
minister of goodbob


Comments
You need to report this to the bug reports in Betahub. Clearly the names are wrong and I would think the english is the correct one as its the main language of the game. They don't take bug reports from anywhere else so to get this to be fixed you need to report it to Betahub.
https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318