I find Judgments gameplay engaging and interactive
I am on the record for being vocal against obscene aura reading these past couple years, heck I was the world's biggest NTH hater since Day 1. Perks like that changed the game into a direction I wasn't liking. I ended up getting sick of the aura reads and decided to become an Object main. I became the founding father of Screaming Steve and embraced the aura life. High mobility killers with auras irritated me that I just stopped caring.
This new killer though... I'm surprised I don't hate them. The foundation is there for a hated killer between the auras, the chess gameplay and the "non interactive" chases as they don't need to follow you.
and yet, I'm finding it engaging. Every beam that gets sent out has me on edge. When I play vs an m1 killer with Object, I just mentally zone out when I see the killers aura and do my gen while mentally afk. You know, the kinda gamer that gets sniped by Judgment. But this killer is forcing me to be awake.
Every killer has a unique chase pattern. Someone like Legion will chain consecutive hits, Pyramids will wait for animation locks, Artist sets up a bird etc. But most of these attacks are personal meant for one survivor at a time, but with Judgment you don't know who that judgment is for. Judgment can attack anyone at any time and so far I think that's a unique quality to have, so I am a little disheartened to see people wanting that gone and give her tools to handle close range loops.
is it that big of a deal if a killer doesn't want to "chase"? Their chase is just different by sending a bit of love to everybody. I don't want to apply the same general counterplay to every killer. I don't want this killer getting in my face and throwing a dash beam point blank. I'm glad this killer isn't supposed to be an anti loop killer. I found Artist to be boring because of it.
It's nice being forced to respect a killer in a way that's NOT pre run! I love Trickster but the gameplay they encourage from survivors is just so boring I sometimes get anxiety at the thought of queueing up as them, and playing vs them isn't stimulating because of the counterplay.
but a quick dodge to the left, here and there? that's interaction, is it not? As people get better facing this killer, the hits won't be as free as they are now. At least losing on this killer means I got outplayed and dodged, unlike other killers who lose to sheer math because they get pre ran by 4 vigils, Lithe and finesse.
A 110% killer that can't just be pre ran for an easy win? that's a win in my books for both sides. Before, my 4x Lithe Finesse Vigil crashouts would result in me playing Ghoul in an attempt to combat this but I can play a slower killer vs these people! (I love you Henry but you kind of have T Rex arms)
that's all I came to say! I know my survivor opinions tend to not be appreciated but I play this game too and just want to give some support and share my lived experience.
Comments
I actually agree… I do hate her hex, as I made clear on here earlier but apparently thats just a me problem, many such cases. I was worried a killer built around sniping was not a good idea but so far its been fine, the 3 gens aren't that bad either…
I adore playing against her so far <3 I really enjoy dodging the deadly pringles tubes