Operational Error: Reporter banned instead of reported player (#2348210)

Hi Everyone, and BHVR Community Team,

I am posting here to share a situation regarding a potential operational issue in the Player Support process where the wrong account may have been penalized instead. My intent is not to bypass support, but to request a check on a potential ID-swapping oversight so the actual rule-breakers are appropriately handled and to prevent this from happening to other players who report legitimate issues.

[ Summary of the Incident ]

  1. During a match, a Survivor (Feng Min) and the Killer (Pig) explicitly worked together (griefing/collusion, body-blocking, refusing to unhook, t-bagging, and letting only one player die).
  2. I recorded the match and submitted a report through both in-game reporting and the support ticket system.
  3. Initially, the ticket was closed with "no action." When I quoted the official Game Rules regarding Collusion, a support agent re-reviewed the case and replied that they had finished the investigation and taken disciplinary action against the reported players.
  4. However, immediately after receiving this confirmation, MY account was banned for "Griefing: Targeted harassment".

[ Evidence Video ]
Video evidence is available (Unlisted on YouTube) and can be provided directly to a Community Manager or Support Lead upon request to prevent public shaming/Name and Shame.

[ Ticket Details ]

  • Original Ticket #2348210

[ Objectives for Community & System Integrity ]

  1. Proper Action Against Real Violators: I kindly ask that the case be re-reviewed so the disciplinary action is correctly applied to the actual rule-breakers seen in the video.
  2. Verification of ID Handling: Could you please check if there was an ID-swapping oversight in Ticket#2348210, where the reporter's ID might have been flagged instead of the reported players' IDs?
  3. System Prevention: I hope this feedback helps improve internal ticket handling to prevent this type of ID-swapping/wrongful penalty from affecting other faithful players in the future.

I hope a Community Manager can look into this case log and forward this operational issue to the Player Support team.

Thank you for your time and help.

Comments