Chapter Idea: The Broken Front

Hey everyone, I’ve been working on this for a while, so if you have any ideas or changes for like dialogue, animations, etc. I would gladly update my work and add it in. I really want to show the devs my project and love for characters to see if they like it enough to consider putting it in the game. Let me know what you think.

Dead by Daylight: "The Broken Front" Chapter Pack

NEW SURVIVOR: PRIVATE LEO DARNELL

Profile & Appearance

  • Age: 21 (Enlisted at 18, served 3 years in the US Army).
  • Appearance: A young Caucasian man with short, mud-splattered blonde hair and piercing, hollow green eyes. He wears a tattered US Army M1941 field jacket and heavy wool combat trousers soaked in trench water and caked with the red clay of the German woods.
  • The Abdominal Wound: The entire center of his uniform jacket is shredded away from a close-range shotgun blast. Instead of a standard mortal injury, his open midsection reveals his functioning organs, which stay in place and pulse solely due to a swirling aura of dark, smoky Entity magic.
  • Personality: A deeply empathetic, headstrong, and tactical teammate. Driven by a desire to follow his grandfather’s heroic footsteps, he naturally respects older survivors for guidance while using his battlefield experience to keep his squad alive.

Unique Core Animations

  • The Low-Profile Army Crawl: When in the dying state, Leo drops flat to the ground, keeping his head low and elbows tucked while driving forward using the inside of his boots. Because he is pressed completely flat, his exposed lower organs slide downward, trailing slightly between his legs as he moves. The Entity’s magic stretches like liquid rubber bands to keep them tethered, leaving a faint, glistening trail of dark fluid and orange embers in the mud.
  • First Hook Stage: Leo manually uses both hands to frantically cup and press his organs inward against his shredded torso, panting heavily against gravity. If attempting to self-unhook, he lets go of the wound to push against the steel hook, leaving his stomach completely loose and exposed until the attempt fails.
  • Second Hook Stage: Leo raises his dominant arm upward, bracing his forearm against the descending Entity claws to hold them back. He wraps his other arm haphazardly across his abdomen, trying to awkwardly press his spilling organs against his body with a single elbow and forearm.

Lobby Behavior & Voice Lines:

  • The Squad Call (Idle): Leo steps forward from the campfire, looks anxiously into the dark trees, and cups both hands around his mouth to shout.
    • “Sarge?! Is that you out there? Sarge!”
    • “L-Lieutenant Miller! D-Davis! Anyone?!
    • “Where is the rest of the platoon...?”
  • The Wound Check (Idle): As Leo looks down, a wave of panic hits him. He reaches a trembling hand to touch his stomach. The moment his fingertips make contact with the pulsing Entity magic, a tiny squirt of blood shoots out. He instantly reels back, gasping, and cradles his hand near his chest in terror.
  • PTSD Flashback (Rare Idle): The ambient lobby audio drops out, replaced by the muffled echoes of distant artillery, cracking rifle fire, and a sharp shotgun blast. Leo’s eyes widen in sheer terror. With lightning-fast military reflexes, he instantly drops flat to the ground into a prone position, tightly wrapping both hands over the back of his helmetless head and curling his knees up to protect his stomach. After a few seconds, he shakily pushes himself back up, dusting off his uniform with an embarrassed, terrified look.

Unique Survivor Perks

  • Effect: When you are within 8 meters of a Survivor who has been hooked more than you, you can see the aura of the two most progressed generators for 3/4/5 seconds. The perk resets after 20 seconds.
  • Flavor Text: “Grandpa always told me: 'When the smoke and ash settle, look for the veterans. They didn’t survive the last war by accident. Follow their lead, Leo, and you’ll make it back to home safely.'” — Private Leo Darnell
  • Combat ReportYou quickly communicate threats to ensure the squad's survival.
    • Effect: Whenever you are in a chase, the auras of the Killer, any dropped Pallets, and breakable walls within a 24/28/32-meter radius of yourself are revealed to all other survivors for 10 seconds.
    • Flavor Text: “Three years of patrols taught me one thing: a squad that stays quiet is a squad that gets buried. If you see the enemy, you scream it out. Your voice might save the man next to you.” — Private Leo Darnell
  • Field MedicineYour battlefield knowledge teaches others how to patch up horrific wounds.
    • Effect: Healing another Survivor increases their Action Speed for Unhooking and Vaulting by 10% for the next 20/30/40 seconds. If you are fully healed, you pass a 5% Healing Progression bonus to the next Survivor who heals someone else.
    • Flavor Text: “I saw a lot of boys bleed out in the mud, but I never stopped patching them up. This country is built on the backs of folks who look out for each other. So, I'm not giving up on you now.” — Private Leo Darnell
  • New general add-on: Grandpa's Medical Bag (Very Rare)
    • Appearance: A faded leather satchel smelling faintly of tobacco and old paper. With the initials of N.D
    • Effect: Increases the speed of Altruistic Healing actions by 15%. Survivors being healed by this Med-Kit have their Grunts of Pain muffled by 100% during the interaction.

Character Cosmetics & Custom Player Customization

  • Uncommon Outfit: Pre-Draft Patriot
    • Head: Fresh-faced, 18-year-old Leo with slightly longer blonde hair and bright, optimistic green eyes.
    • Torso: A thick crewneck sweater in USA colors (navy blue chest with a faded white star emblem, alternating red and white knit stripes on the sleeves). The center is blasted open by Entity fog.
    • Legs: Sturdy denim jeans with his grandfather’s old canvas medical pack slung across his lower back, explicitly stuffed with filled glass and metal water bottles clinking together (used to train his endurance for long marches).
    • Flavor Text: “I'm turning eighteen tomorrow, Grandpa. I packed the old bag full of bottles just like you said, to get used to the weight. I'm ready to make you proud.” — Leo, journal entry, 1941.
  • Rare Outfit: The Promotion That Never Was
    • Description: An alternate-universe dress uniform showing his earned promotion. Features a pristine, ironed olive-drab service coat with freshly stitched Private First-Class chevrons, agonizingly torn open in the center by Entity magic, contrasting his proud rank with grim reality.
  • Very Rare Outfit: Homefront Dream
    • Description: A faded denim flat cap and a thick, red-and-black checkered flannel shirt with rolled-up sleeves, torn violently down the middle where the dark magic pulses through the plaid cloth.
  • Player Profile Banner: A Hero’s Dawn
    • Visual: A faded, sepia-toned photograph with creased edges showing a strong, older military veteran smiling warmly as he carries a young, blonde, green-eyed boy on his shoulders against a peaceful American countryside.
  • Survivor Charm: The Defiant Firearm
    • Visual: A miniature mangled .45 caliber service pistol with a splintered handle, and the barrel violently tore open by a shotgun blast. Faint black fog seeps from its cracks.
    • Flavor Text: “I TOOK THREE OF YOU BASTARDS DOWN, AND I AINT DONE YET!!” — Echoes that linger in the bunker. - Private Leo Darnell, 1944.

NEW KILLER: THE DESECRATED (HANS MÜLLER)

Profile & Appearance

  • Age: 20 (Forced into service under threat of severe government punishment against his family).
  • Appearance: A tall, terrifying enemy soldier in a charred, ash-covered uniform. His flesh is blackened, fractured, and actively smoldering with a dull, internal orange fire. Flakes of grey ash constantly drift off his shoulders.
  • The Face: His head tilts at unnatural, jerky angles. He has messy, pitch-black hair swaying wildly in the wind. His eyes are hollow, pitch-black voids, and his lower jaw is completely disconnected, hanging slack to expose a throat lined with writhing black Entity tendrils.
  • The Weapon: A bolt-action service rifle partially warped and fused with jagged mortar shell shrapnel and barbed wire, smoking faintly.

Power: Cosmic IgnitionThe Entity pilots Hans's corpse like a broken puppet. Because it does not understand the complex mechanisms of human firearms, it uses the rifle like a crude supernatural wand.

  • The Single Bullet: The Killer aims and fires a single, devastating high-velocity bullet.
  • The Ignorant Reload: After firing, instead of properly cycling a bolt, the Entity forces a black shadow tendril to tear open the chamber and jam a single loose cartridge inside. This creates a long, clunky, violent twitching animation, showing the Entity's frustration.
  • Passive Effect (Searing Lead): Survivors hit by the bullet have their wounds smolder with ash, making their grunts of pain 50% louder, with and additional deafening effect until fully healed.
  • Audio Distortion (Shell-Shock Ring): Entering a chase or firing the weapon triggers a high-pitched, metallic ringing sound in the Survivor's ears, muting the standard terror radius music and replacing it with the dull, muffled thuds of explosions and gun fire.

The Mori Animation: Ruthless Incompetence

  1. The Conscript pins the crawling Survivor flat to the mud with his boot.
  2. He points the rifle barrel directly at the center of the Survivor's chest and fires a single bullet, leaving a smoldering, ash-filled wound.
  3. He attempts to pull the trigger again, but the gun clicks empty. The corpse twitches violently in frustration.
  4. Reversing his grip on the weapon, he lifts the heavy wooden stock high and violently beats the Survivor's head in with three massive, rapid butt-strokes. On the final impact, a micro-blast of compressed mortar fire and ash explodes from the weapon, leaving a headless burned body in its wake.

Unique Killer Perks

  • Government UltimatumThe paralyzing fear of punishment and authority that forced you into service now infects the minds of your victims.
    • Effect: When a Survivor is within your Terror Radius, any failure to complete a cooperative action (such as missing a Healing or Repair Skill Check) triggers a 15% / 20% / 25% Regression Penalty instead of the normal 10%. Additionally, the Survivor is inflicted with the Incapacitated status effect for 10/12/15 seconds.
    • Flavor Text: “If I don’t march, they’ll kill you. If I do march, I kill myself. There is no way out. I’m sorry” — Hans, final letter home, 1944.
  • Hex: Burning AshThe smoldering, unnatural heat that consumes your dead flesh bleeds into the environment, melting away the tools of the living.
    • Effect: A Hex rooted in the internal fires of your corpse. Whenever a Survivor drops a Pallet or completes a Generator, a wave of blistering ash explodes outward in a 16-meter radius. Survivors caught in the blast have their Item consumption rate increased by 100% / 150% / 200% for the next 30 seconds.
    • Flavor Text: “The bunker didn’t just collapse. It burned. And even in this cold fog, the fire inside him won't go out.”
  • Cosmic MalfunctionThe Entity despises the rigid gears and mechanisms of human weaponry, twisting the Survivors' own mechanical tools against them.
    • Effect: Whenever you hook a Survivor, the Entity's rage infuses all Toolboxes currently brought into the trial. The next time a Survivor attempts to repair a Generator using a Toolbox, the gears jam violently. The Generator instantly loses 5% progression and blocks itself from being repaired by any Survivor for 10 / 12 / 15 seconds.
    • Flavor Text: “It snaps the steel, bends the iron, and forces the bullet into the chamber. The ancient god does not understand our machinery; it only knows how to corrupt it.” — Journal of the Observer

CHAPTER MARKETING & CINEMATICS

The Survivor Trailer Script: Leo Darnell

  • The heavy, rhythmic crunch of combat boots sprinting through deep mud. In the background, the terrifying sounds of WWII, you can hear muffled artillery thuds, sharp rifle cracks, and heavy rain against autumn leaves. A sudden burst of lightning illuminates a damp, concrete bunker in the Huertgen Forest, 1944. Smoke hangs thick as the air is filled with the taste of iron. Through the haze, 21-year-old Private Leo Darnell bursts into frame, mud-splattered and green eyes wide with adrenaline. He raises his .45 service pistol and fires three rapid, deafening shots. Three silhouettes of enemy soldiers collapse into the shadows. Leo lowers his gun slightly, gasping for air. Suddenly, a hidden German soldier steps out from a dark corner, a double-barrel shotgun catching the lightning flash. A devastating, booming blast echoes. In extreme slow-motion, the blast hits Leo dead-center in the abdomen, shredding his jacket. He is thrown backward onto his knees in the freezing mud. Despite the fatal impact, his military training takes over, as his trembling arm forces his .45 pistol back up, pointing it directly into the darkness. His breathing is ragged and wet, but his expression was filled with pure defiance. As the camera pans down to his midsection, the slow-motion ends. His wound tears open further, and his guts begin to visibly slip out toward the ground. Leo lets out a raw, agonizing scream of pure defiance and pulls the trigger one last time. Once, the enemy was down, Leo finally breathes a soft sigh of relief. Leo’s body starts feeling weak as his vision blurs up. Instantly, a freezing black fog pours from the bunker walls, aggressively wrapping around Leo's open torso, sealing the wound like shadowy thread and holding his organs tightly in place. The sounds of war vanish slowly into absolute silence. As Leo’s fading vision slowly clears. his frantic, wet wheezing in his chest begins to steady out, calmed by a strange dark magic, though his gaze remains deeply cautious and disoriented. The screen fades to black. From the pitch black, Leo’s voice echoes, hollow and trembling as he cups his mouth: “S...Sarge?!”. DEAD BY DAYLIGHT: THE BROKEN FRONT.

The Killer Trailer Script: The Desecrated

  • The interior of the concrete bunker, choked with dust and thick white smoke. There are sparks flying wildly from exposed wiring, and fragments of a destroyed table. The camera focuses on 20-year-old Hans Müller pressed against a crumbling wall, his hands shaking so violently his rifle rattles against his uniform buttons. His face is pale, his black hair matted with sweat, and his bloodshot eyes wide with pure, agonizing terror. The deafening roar of the battle outside rages on, but was mixed with the sudden, close-range bang of Leo’s pistol. Through the smoke, Hans watches an enemy collapse to his knees, clutching his shredded stomach, Hans looks down the sights of his mud-covered rifle, aiming directly at the wounded American soldier. The camera zooms close on Hans’s dust covered face. His finger rests on the trigger as he hesitates. His eyes soften as he whispers a heartbreaking question: “Sh..should I sh..shoot him? H…He is just a kid.” He lowers the barrel by a fraction of an inch, frozen by his own humanity. Before he can choose, a sudden earth-shattering whistling scream falls from above, cut short by a colossal, deafening burning boom. The screen cuts to total, pitch-black darkness as a high-explosive mortar shell obliterates the bunker. A high-pitched, agonizingly loud ringing sound fills the air, mimicking absolute shell-shock. The camera snaps back to a wide shot, but the concrete bunker is gone, replaced by a smoking, muddy crater beneath a blood-red sky. Hans is lying flat on his back. Half his uniform is charred to cinders, and his flesh is actively smoldering with a dull, internal orange fire. His lower jaw hangs loosely at an impossible, disconnected angle. From the edges of the crater, thick, freezing black fog aggressively rushes inward like liquid ink. The mist swallows his body, as jagged, spider-like claws erupt from the dirt, digging deeply into his burnt flesh to hoist his lifeless corpse into the air. The camera zooms into an extreme close-up of his face. His head twitches violently, snapping to a disgusting, crooked angle as the dark being takes control of its new puppet. The jaw forcefully snaps back into place with a bone chilling crunch. Slowly, the scorched eyelids pull back. As the once innocent eyes snap open, revealing two empty, pitch-black voids. The screen cuts to black. DEAD BY DAYLIGHT: THE DESECRATED

The Promotional Teaser Poster

  • The Shadow: The lower half of the poster is shrouded in pitch-black shadow. Standing dead center is Leo in a rigid, defensive military posture. Clutched tightly in his right hand is the unmistakably blocky silhouette of his .45 service pistol, pointed slightly downward.
  • The Eyes: The only distinct physical feature visible in the darkness is a pair of piercing, stark green eyes staring directly out of the poster at the viewer. They are cold, focused, and intensely defiant.
  • The Sky: Breaking the heavy shadows is a violent, blood-red background bleeding out from behind Leo's silhouette, creating a stark contrast.
  • The Claws: Reaching inward from the edges of the poster are dozens of sharp, jagged, spider-like Entity claws made of black smoke, curving around his silhouette as if about to drag him down into the abyss.
  • The Text: Placed at the bottom in a weathered, scratched military stenciled font is the tagline: “A soldier doesn’t stop, until the war is over” Just below it, the iconic four-slash marks logo of Dead by Daylight glows faintly.

Realm: The Desecrated Battlefield

Map: Bunker Crater 44 (Huertgen Forest)

The Atmosphere & Visuals

  • The setting: A haunting, frozen pine forest in Germany, permanently trapped in a midnight rainstorm. The ground is a complex maze of muddy trenches, rusted barbed wire, and shattered tree trunks that resemble jagged teeth pointing at a blood-red sky.
  • The Fog Effects: Wisps of white battlefield smoke mix with the Entity’s thick, black, ink-like fog. Faint, ghostly orange embers constantly drift up from the mud, as if the entire forest floor is still smoldering from a fire that refuses to go out.
  • The Audio Ambiance: The wind howling through the trees sounds like a distant, crying siren. Occasionally, players hear a low, muffled thud echoing beneath the ground—the ghostly, temporal echo of the artillery barrage that destroyed the sector.

Main Landmark: The Shattered Concrete Bunker

  • The Core Structure: Located dead-center of the map is the heavy, gray concrete bunker where Leo and Hans met their fates. The roof has been completely caved in by a high-explosive mortar shell, leaving a massive, gaping hole right through the middle of the main room.
  • The Burning Fragment: Deep inside the heart of the bunker, sitting atop a crumbling, scorched crate, rests a small, glowing ember. Approaching it reveals the missing half of Hans's photograph—the side showing his hand holding his German Shepherd's collar. Because Hans's soul left his body right here, the Entity cannot consume this paper; it remains permanently trapped in stasis—forever burning but will never turn to ash.
  • The Defiant Wall: In the subterranean basement corridor of the bunker houses a guaranteed Generator. Faintly scratched into the crumbling concrete wall next to it are the desperate words: "I TOOK THREE OF YOU BASTARDS DOWN, AND I AINT DONE YET!!"—marking the exact spot where Leo made his final human stand.

Environmental Storytelling: Fallen Squads

  • The Trench Line (US Sector): Scattered across the muddy, outer trench networks are the torn, mud-caked uniforms of Leo's platoon, left draped over broken sandbags and rusted wire.
  • The Interior (German Sector): Deep within the tight concrete corridors of the bunker itself, the charred, ash-covered uniforms of Hans's unit remain pinned beneath collapsed steel beams. The bodies are gone as they were harvested by the Entity, thus leaving only the hollow, desecrated fabrics of war.

Map Layout & Vertical Mechanics

  • The Grand Crater Drop: The caved-in roof creates a massive drop-point. Survivors or the Killer can leap off the edge of the forest floor, plunging straight down into the center of the main bunker room below. It provides a thrilling, high-risk drop-down to break line-of-sight during a chase.
  • The Pothole Network: Scattered across the muddy forest surface above are several smaller holes and shell craters hidden by dead ferns and broken wooden planks. Falling into one of these potholes acts as a secret drop-chute, instantly depositing the player into different, tight subterranean sections of the bunker (such as the armory, the radio room, or the back trenches), completely shaking up map navigation.

Mud-Soaked Paths: Deep mud puddles throughout the trenches slightly muffle the footsteps of Survivors, but they leave bright, glowing orange footprints behind for 3 seconds, allowing a keen-eyed Killer to track them down.

Comments

  • Overall:
    I can see a lot of love poured into this, specifically the aesthetics. I get the feeling that this chapter idea spawns from some passions of your own. It's quite the fun read and a killer/survivor duo based on the horrors of war is something we're yet to have. I especially like the duality between the killer and survivor, how no one here is particularly a terrible person. Leo's permanent injury is especially interesting, although I'm not sure if additional dev time would be afforded to unique in-game animations outside of perks that require it, that'd be something very new to DBD.

    The aesthetics as you describe them are great. Good ideas, fresh and something I could enjoy even as someone who isn't particularly into modern history. Again, the fact that both of them are here as a result of mortal injury in war and pitted against each other via the Entity's intervention to never not be opposed is great. It carries a pretty poignant theme of wars not being the choice of the soldier, in life or death, and instead the coercion from nebulous higher power. In this chapter alone, the Entity is almost a metaphor for warmongering world leaders. I don't know if that was your intent, but I especially enjoy that as a concept.

    The survivor:

    Great idea, great flavour text, limited on the lore in terms of who these people were beyond what we can infer with some voice lines. Leo sounds like a bit of a boy scout, which ups the tragedy, although I'm not sure I know enough about the guy to say whether I like him or would be fully invested in him as a character. Feel free to tell me more about him if there is.

    Again, I have to give credit to the aesthetics on this one. The idea that the Entity opportunistically took Leo as a great source of emotion - hope of the young and all that - yet wasn't quick enough to prevent the wound is very flavourful. Holding him together just so he can be taken apart over and over in each trial is excellent.

    I won't speak too much on the suggested cosmetics, as they are definitely more on the subjective side of things and different people will choose what they prefer. I'd choose the Homefront Dream myself.

    Okay so the perks:-

    • Unnamed Perk for generator aura:
      I like this one quite a bit. It's a little strange but I do like the idea behind it. I'm picturing this like Leo helping a squadmate and trying to direct them to the best place to ensure everyone's survival, i.e. the gens needing completion. That being said, the activation condition is a little on the strange side. I wonder if it'd be better to increase the aura duration, have it activate on unhook instead, and maybe provide a small bonus to repair speed on those gens for that time. It's a nice SoloQ info perk that'd not see much use in coordinated groups.
    • Combat Report:
      Another nice info perk which would help facilitate some SoloQ coordination without being too powerful. The range might be a bit high because I think the intention is to let teammates know where the chase is, as well as allow them to track which resources are getting burned and plan accordingly. I think the Green/Blue/Purple scaling should be on the timer, with 18m being a fixed range, maybe 10/12/16s? Might be that strong but is interesting. I'd also suggest changing the wording to "When the killer starts a chase with you" for clarity.
    • Field Medicine:
      This one is my favourite of the three. I can picture it being used during a reset at endgame, when trying to get the camped survivor off of hook. Niche but could see some serious value in right circumstances, which I am a fan of. It seems very much like you had intent behind these perk designs. I feel like the 5% healing progress is a little tacked on? I'm guessing to provide a bit more overall value.

    The killer:
    This is one when I like the theming, as I've already gushed about plenty, but I'm a bit less sure. Primarily because this doesn't particularly feel like anything that new, beyond this whole idea of the Entity puppetting the killer directly instead of letting them do their thing and watching like a voyeur.

    Killer power:-

    I'll be real, I think there's too little information here compared to everywhere else. There are good ideas here but not given the same forethought as some other things. As it stands, it feels like the Gunslinger but with an info-limiting debuff on a hit and no reeling in. Does a hit with the gun injure directly? Does it also down or work like a Ghoul bite? What is the projectile speed and maximum range? This info is vital because it is what will dictate whether the killer design is abusable from either side.

    Also, to be completely honest, while the descriptions are unique, the killer essentially boils down to "Man with gun" which we already have. I think some extra sauce is needed. I'm not quite sure what to suggest. The war flashbacks on hit are definitely neat, so I wonder if it's worth investing more into that, sowing chaos and confusion much like Doctor does. Something for you to chew on instead of myself.

    The perks:-

    • Government Ultimatum:
      This one is okay. Would slot nicely into skill check builds, although naked I don't think it'd see a huge amount of value against experienced survivors. I do appreciate you weaving the effect and the lore together though. The addition of incap helps differentiate it from other skill check punish perks.
    • Hex: Burning Ash:
      Hmmm, I have a suspicion but I'll wait for perk 3 before I confirm it. This perk itself is a unique effect, but very niche, especially for a Hex that can be cleansed. It's so niche that I think that survivors might not even bother cleansing it if they know what it is. Spitballing here, but what if instead it worked like Plaything, where survivors get a totem each. When the survivor stuns the killer, a dull totem ignites, causing the 200% item consumption penalty. This effect persists until the totem is cleansed. The survivor sees its aura within 12m.
    • Cosmic Malfunction:
      Okay, suspicion confirmed. You very much dislike being genrushed, as this is basically Lightborn for toolboxes. Having perks to counter specific items has always been contentious, however I think I'd actually use this one from time to time. It's kinda like a mini PR/DMS combo with a unique counter of just avoiding toolbox use. I like it!

    Everything else:
    To be honest, not much to say on the map/promotional material. The idea of tracks/footprints is interesting. An answer to grass moving when it comes to tracking survivors you can't see. Might frustrate people with a stealth playstyle, but I imagine the muddy areas would be quite clear. The promotional material is just a nice way to set up how these two got into the Fog.

    I had a lot of fun reading/responding to this. Not something I usually do unless I suspect someone is super into their own ideas. I love the creativity of it all.

    My only teeny tiny criticism of the idea in general is the fact that the survivor is American.

  • I love your American comment lol.

    Cosmic malfunction: Yeah, i don't like gen rushing since it feels hard to deal with personally, so i thought it would kind of help with that, but i could change it to where the entity is blocking it for the person who starts using a toolbox on it, to make it fair. I would keep the penalty though.

    Hex: burning ash: I actually love your idea with the hex, that way it feels good when a killer has it and feel a little dangerous for everyone. And you can blame your teammate, lol.

    Cosmic Ignition: (Killer power): With the killer's power, i was thinking it can injure the player, the range is map wide, and the projectile speed should be like Jason's spears. He can down survivors if they are injured. To differentiate from the slinger, i was thinking he can have a scope, where the glass is broken and the shards point into the middle, so you get a pinpoint area where your one-shot bullet will go. The sensory deprivation is supposed to mimic war like symptoms, so your hearing is dampening with faint war noises, your breathing is getting heavier and louder, and maybe if they could, add that the survivor's vision starts darkening on the edge of the screen, you will still be able to see.

    The Desecrated (Hans): For the killer, I was mainly going for body horror and the sadness of a poor kid who was forced into pain, be put on the wrong side of the war, and now his body is being use as a puppet to inflict pain onto others. The soul is safe away from the entity, but his body is being desecrated. It's not original, but to me, it feels painful to know that the body and the dignity of the person who once lived get corrupted and doesn't get to rest peacefully. Also, as an add-on, it will be a torn piece of a photo of a dog, Hans had as a kid. This is to show that he was human once.

    Chain of command: So, for this one, i was thinking that lore wise, people who went through more pain of the trial (like a veteran with history which to me equals to a survivor being hooked more). I didn't want the power to be too strong, so you get a brief moment of the higher objective, while the recharge time is chosen so the perk is viable but limiting. I feel like being with a survivor is better than having an activation requirement like unhooking due to it being most useful in late game.

    Combat report: I love your idea mate, but let's have the time and range match each other. So, this is what I've updated, Both the time and aura range will be: 10/13/16, that way it's not too powerful, but you can keep the idea of what stuff are being used.

    Field medicine: I'm glad you liked this one, yeah, it's mainly to help others and maybe help the survivor who got unhooked.

    Survivor: (Leo Darnell): Yeah, he is kind of a boy scout, but he does kill in the war, so it's kind of having him as a side of a coin to Hans, who hasn't killed anyone and died with no blood on his hands, yet his body is now a tool of evil. I want him and Hans show people that even though they are on different sides, they are both young men being destroyed by terror of war. But for Leo, he keeps fighting through the pain of war, his guts falling out, and the realm in general for his country and for the innocent people living peacefully or suffering. It's also supposed to show that he is a stubborn bastard that won't go down easily. Glad you like his home style outfit.

    I'm so happy that you read what I've made. The chapter is supposed to represent my sadness to good/young people dying from war, even if they chose to join. Please, any other opinions would be great.

  • @zonkednb said:

    Overall:
    I can see a lot of love poured into this, specifically the aesthetics. I get the feeling that this chapter idea spawns from some passions of your own. It's quite the fun read and a killer/survivor duo based on the horrors of war is something we're yet to have. I especially like the duality between the killer and survivor, how no one here is particularly a terrible person. Leo's permanent injury is especially interesting, although I'm not sure if additional dev time would be afforded to unique in-game animations outside of perks that require it, that'd be something very new to DBD.

    The aesthetics as you describe them are great. Good ideas, fresh and something I could enjoy even as someone who isn't particularly into modern history. Again, the fact that both of them are here as a result of mortal injury in war and pitted against each other via the Entity's intervention to never not be opposed is great. It carries a pretty poignant theme of wars not being the choice of the soldier, in life or death, and instead the coercion from nebulous higher power. In this chapter alone, the Entity is almost a metaphor for warmongering world leaders. I don't know if that was your intent, but I especially enjoy that as a concept.

    The survivor:

    Great idea, great flavour text, limited on the lore in terms of who these people were beyond what we can infer with some voice lines. Leo sounds like a bit of a boy scout, which ups the tragedy, although I'm not sure I know enough about the guy to say whether I like him or would be fully invested in him as a character. Feel free to tell me more about him if there is.

    Again, I have to give credit to the aesthetics on this one. The idea that the Entity opportunistically took Leo as a great source of emotion - hope of the young and all that - yet wasn't quick enough to prevent the wound is very flavourful. Holding him together just so he can be taken apart over and over in each trial is excellent.

    I won't speak too much on the suggested cosmetics, as they are definitely more on the subjective side of things and different people will choose what they prefer. I'd choose the Homefront Dream myself.

    Okay so the perks:-

    • Unnamed Perk for generator aura:
      I like this one quite a bit. It's a little strange but I do like the idea behind it. I'm picturing this like Leo helping a squadmate and trying to direct them to the best place to ensure everyone's survival, i.e. the gens needing completion. That being said, the activation condition is a little on the strange side. I wonder if it'd be better to increase the aura duration, have it activate on unhook instead, and maybe provide a small bonus to repair speed on those gens for that time. It's a nice SoloQ info perk that'd not see much use in coordinated groups.
    • Combat Report:
      Another nice info perk which would help facilitate some SoloQ coordination without being too powerful. The range might be a bit high because I think the intention is to let teammates know where the chase is, as well as allow them to track which resources are getting burned and plan accordingly. I think the Green/Blue/Purple scaling should be on the timer, with 18m being a fixed range, maybe 10/12/16s? Might be that strong but is interesting. I'd also suggest changing the wording to "When the killer starts a chase with you" for clarity.
    • Field Medicine:
      This one is my favourite of the three. I can picture it being used during a reset at endgame, when trying to get the camped survivor off of hook. Niche but could see some serious value in right circumstances, which I am a fan of. It seems very much like you had intent behind these perk designs. I feel like the 5% healing progress is a little tacked on? I'm guessing to provide a bit more overall value.

    The killer:
    This is one when I like the theming, as I've already gushed about plenty, but I'm a bit less sure. Primarily because this doesn't particularly feel like anything that new, beyond this whole idea of the Entity puppetting the killer directly instead of letting them do their thing and watching like a voyeur.

    Killer power:-

    I'll be real, I think there's too little information here compared to everywhere else. There are good ideas here but not given the same forethought as some other things. As it stands, it feels like the Gunslinger but with an info-limiting debuff on a hit and no reeling in. Does a hit with the gun injure directly? Does it also down or work like a Ghoul bite? What is the projectile speed and maximum range? This info is vital because it is what will dictate whether the killer design is abusable from either side.

    Also, to be completely honest, while the descriptions are unique, the killer essentially boils down to "Man with gun" which we already have. I think some extra sauce is needed. I'm not quite sure what to suggest. The war flashbacks on hit are definitely neat, so I wonder if it's worth investing more into that, sowing chaos and confusion much like Doctor does. Something for you to chew on instead of myself.

    The perks:-

    • Government Ultimatum:
      This one is okay. Would slot nicely into skill check builds, although naked I don't think it'd see a huge amount of value against experienced survivors. I do appreciate you weaving the effect and the lore together though. The addition of incap helps differentiate it from other skill check punish perks.
    • Hex: Burning Ash:
      Hmmm, I have a suspicion but I'll wait for perk 3 before I confirm it. This perk itself is a unique effect, but very niche, especially for a Hex that can be cleansed. It's so niche that I think that survivors might not even bother cleansing it if they know what it is. Spitballing here, but what if instead it worked like Plaything, where survivors get a totem each. When the survivor stuns the killer, a dull totem ignites, causing the 200% item consumption penalty. This effect persists until the totem is cleansed. The survivor sees its aura within 12m.
    • Cosmic Malfunction:
      Okay, suspicion confirmed. You very much dislike being genrushed, as this is basically Lightborn for toolboxes. Having perks to counter specific items has always been contentious, however I think I'd actually use this one from time to time. It's kinda like a mini PR/DMS combo with a unique counter of just avoiding toolbox use. I like it!

    Everything else:
    To be honest, not much to say on the map/promotional material. The idea of tracks/footprints is interesting. An answer to grass moving when it comes to tracking survivors you can't see. Might frustrate people with a stealth playstyle, but I imagine the muddy areas would be quite clear. The promotional material is just a nice way to set up how these two got into the Fog.

    I had a lot of fun reading/responding to this. Not something I usually do unless I suspect someone is super into their own ideas. I love the creativity of it all.

    My only teeny tiny criticism of the idea in general is the fact that the survivor is American.

    hey, im doing this to see if this is how people get notifications, sorry. but i did reply to your comment.

  • The Broken Font? I thought they already did that. 🤪

  • @rustemperezruste said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4109611#Comment_4109611

    hey, im doing this to see if this is how people get notifications, sorry. but i did reply to your comment.

    Yes it is. I see the comment!

    Sadly it's super late so I can't get very involved so I might swing by tomorrow, but in case life has other plans:

    I just want to appreciate that you had a feeling in mind before going into your chapter idea. A lot of ideas thrown around are very much 'hype and aura' with cool lore that seems cool and not much else. Not to say there aren't great ones too!