Chorus of Sin is kinda cool.
So the Corus of Sin Chapter dropped and I’m gonna be so honest this is one of the best chapters I have played in a while. I am not even kidding and I think it’s best to start with the main attraction of this chapter.
The Judgment: now as a controller player I genuinely thought this killer was gonna be the equivalent of trying to eat with chopsticks for me, but honestly, the controller specific settings that there are for this killer (which I feel like should be a thing that should exist for all killers like seriously please give us more specific options BHVR) even playing against the killers really fun with the deserted exile being a fun mini game, which is just overall more enjoyable than being hooked and since sin is such an easy effect to apply, you’re not going to really be on hook often against this killer so I’m all for it. I think the only real gripe that I have with the killers that sometimes the information when playing as her can be a bit lacking like I do think adding killer instinct when you nearly miss would be pretty helpful but overall I wouldn’t say she really needs much else aside from that like it’s fine to have a killer that’s hard to play. I guess really the only other complaint I would have is that this is our third ranged killer in a row and I just wanna see some new power designs. Overall, I’d say the judgment is a really fun killer for both sides and I can’t wait to go against her in three months.
Aurora Stardotter: visually I think they killed it when it comes to Aurora because I’ve kind of always wanted an older kind survivor for a while now and Aurora is that, and her voice lines are really well done the only problem I have those that there’s no law for either her or Judgment so despite the fact that I want to know more about these characters, I can’t until either the chapter is done or they finish the lore a while after chapter already comes out. Overall I like Aurora I just need her lore to get a better idea of her character.
Music: so is there any real argument for the Judgment not having the best menu music in the entire game? Because she does. Can’t say the same about their Chase music though. I like the buildup to the Chase music itself because it still keeps in theme with her menu music but when the Chase music actually starts all that buildup feels like it was just kind of ripped away in exchange for one of the more repetitive Chase themes that I’ve heard in this game. Aurora’s menu music I do kinda like actually. It feels existential and bleak while still keeping in theme with the chapter. I especially love the church organ that plays in the background.
But yeah, that’s Corus of Sin. I’d say this is probably one of the best chapters that we’ve had in a while and while it’s not perfect it’s got a lot going for it.
I am probably gonna take a bit of a hiatus from DBD for now primarily because I wanna wait until the Terrifier chapter comes out because this is a DLC I have been all too excited for and awaiting so hopefully Art the Clown can bring something new to the table. Well that and because I was pretty frustrated during my last match and I feel like if I’m genuinely getting angry with this game, that’s just kind of the point where I just need to take a break. But I mean, if anybody has any game recommendations in the meantime I’m happy to check them out. But yeah that’s about it. Enjoy the new chapter as much as you can and please get some really cool trick shots in while you’re at it. See ya.
Comments