New Status idea: Incorporeal

With the constant back and forth of the anti-tunnel and its abuse but necessity this could be a fun status they could try. Basically combining the 2 anniversary effects of immortality (your weapon completely phases through them as if they arent there) and invisibility (they become completly invisible and leave no scratch marks or grunts of pain), Incorporeal would remove the endurance,haste,and soon to be elusive effects and replace them as it kinda would have their effects or greater anyway. So the moment you are unhooked you are blessed with the entities-veil removing your ability to be seen or interacted with for 10 seconds. You also cant be healed by teammates (to encourage leaving the hook) survivors can end the veil early by interacting with a gen (though its only 10 seconds anyway). Also removes any confusion with the endurance or stuff because if you can obviously see them you know the veil is gone. The veil is not granted at endgame so theyd get the usual 10 seconds of endurance and haste. Its just an idea so putting it down for people to find the problem instantly but im here for it so lol!

See yous in the fog!

Comments

  • I'd rather them try this than what they're doing. We're about to have 3 different status effects off-hook. It needs be one singular, unique effect like Bloodlust, which also gets the benefit of not interacting with diminishing returns.

  • Oh I literally just made a post on this, I genuinely think that Invincibility and Haste would be great as survivors would no longer throw themselves at the killer in order to weaponize BT.

  • I think this is a bit much.

    I'd hate to see how this would be weaponized by bully SWFs. I can already imagine incorporeal survivors magically appearing in front of the killer 10 seconds after the hook with lingering endurance from the actual perk Borrowed Time or Off the Record and of course being followed up with Decisive Strike and then Dead Hard should the killer choose to tunnel.

    Invisibility should not be an every game occurrence.

    I still wish BHVR tried on a PTB or in a temporary game mode that unhooked survivors lose their collision for 10 seconds so they both can't be sandbagged and can't bodyblock for their unhooker, but they wouldn't be able to vanish like a fart in the wind like being incorporeal would allow them to do.

  • I suggested this a year ago when they attempted the ill-fated anti-tunnel system. It's such a simple solution and could eradicate tunnelling. Instead we got 5 extra seconds of BT, which they are now removing anyway.

  • As a few others have mentioned, this idea comes up every now and then. I used to be really opposed, but would now love it to at least get a trial run.

    The benefits seem pretty clear - survivors don't want to be tunneled, killers don't want survivors to body block with anti-tunneling protections - both sides improve on the gameplay.

    I used to think the reason this didn't exist is that BHVR thought survivors suddenly 'disappearing' would just seem silly, but given elements that have been added over the years that doesn't seem likely anymore. Now, my best guess is they think it would be make the game to 'on rails' about what the players should do (or they don't want to rework a bunch of perks).

    Personally, I'd prefer a trial run of just the 'hide unhook notifications' idea, likely with some form of broken off hooks to prevent guaranteed safe heals under hooks, but think incorporeal status would also be a great way to get there.

  • This content has been removed.
  • It'd solve everything. Only thing is they cannot use flashlights while they are under this effect.