The History of DBD Winstreak Documentation (2023-2025): A Personal Account
Old Thread This Was Encouraged by:
@Pulsar said:
Thought I'd do something different today. I was in a thread a couple days ago and someone told me that Killers couldn't put together high winstreaks. I showed them a couple, but they called me a liar, essentially.
So I went looking for the longest streaks and then today, when I saw this handy-dandy spreadsheet on Reddit by u/KitchenThroat5939, I decided to post it here and see what you all think of it. Any surprises?
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V1N69P9JQOYM/dbd-highest-winstreaks.jpg
Introduction
How is it going? For those who don't know me, I'm hungryhyena78 (formerly KitchenThroat on reddit). I’m writing this post to document a slice of community history that might otherwise be lost which is the creation and evolution of the original DBD winstreak tracking sheets.
Note for context: This account covers the early founding years of the winstreaking community from 2023 through 2025. I’m happy to see that as of 2026, a dedicated winstreaks website has finally launched. This is a long overdue upgrade for the community. This post is the story of my part in this journey, preserved purely for historical record. Absolutely everything mentioned below pertains to 2023-2025.
1. The Origins & The Spreadsheet
In 2023, I was the first person in DBD’s history to systematically compile a comprehensive, central list of known community winstreaks. It can be found here:
I first fell in love with complex work within google sheets years ago when a friend and I built a fully functioning, randomized dungeon crawler inside Google Sheets. We pushed Sheets to its absolute limits with dynamic logic and very complicated multi-layered systems. I accomplished things that I used to think were impossible and I still take great pride in them today. When I fell in love with DBD and the concept of winstreaks, applying those skills was a natural fit.
So, how did I manage to get all of that data? Hahahhaa… man.
Whether it was using google translate to speak to streamers who couldn't speak English, or scouring the DBD twitch and youtube spheres almost daily trying to find breadcrumbs of information, I did everything in my power to get my hands on it all. I picked the community apart and I was unrelenting in my mission. I even went as far as questioning random community members for information (and I got a lot from that). I wanted so badly to create the most comprehensive and up-to-date collection of winstreak data possible. Of course, I did accomplish that goal and I maintained it for a small while. I do not want it to go unnoticed that this was dozens upon dozens of hours of work.
2. The Issues With The Winstreaks Discord
Eventually, I believe it was Numi (aka Numinous) who made a discord for winstreaks in Dead by Daylight. I eventually became a moderator there due to my past work on the original sheet and honestly (no hate or anything) but these people did not in the slightest understand anything about order, conciseness, or readability. The discord had dozens of channels (one for each killer) and I kid you not that the data was shown as:
Clown - Streak #
Player
That was it aside from also including some categories I believe. That's all they had in each channel. Obviously, this was hard for me to look at and so I quite literally redesigned all of those channels and made them a lot prettier and a lot more neat. The thing is, when you design documentation, the documentation must be readable and digestible for the viewer. This, however, is far from my issues with them. You see, I realized fairly quickly that there were some other problems.
#1: They did not have a single comprehensive detailed location for streaks. They had a ######### load of channels (one for each killer) and honestly that's ugly to look at, tedious to sift through, and bland.
#2: They had no VODs listed or any proof for any streaks listed at the time.
#3: ProVengeance (Who I disapprove of mainly) actually gave a very solid critique of the old system. He claimed that without absolutely all footage, a winstreaks sheet was useless. You see, the old original sheet was based on community trust. Winstreaks in a way will ALWAYS be based mainly on community trust. Those who break that trust like Ayrun, Zeb, and others, cause more doubt in winstreaking in general. It's a flawed system because there are hundreds if not tens of thousands of hours of winstreak games to be verified. That simply is too much footage to go through. I actually at one point vividly remember going through many of ProVengeance's games for a few reasons. One was that I didn't like him very much and I wanted to find him cheating a game or so. (I couldn't find that and these days I have no interest in doing it). The other reason is because (from what I recall and I could be wrong) Numinous and other moderators of the winstreaks discord wouldn't include Pro's streaks in their server JUST because they didn't like him as a person. It would be understandable if they had evidence to suggest he was 'untrustworthy' but it has been years and from my memory I don't recall any of us ever finding anything to suggest he cheated streaks.
Anyways I'm starting to ramble/rant. The bottom line is that Pro argued for more accountability and accuracy. I decided I would include his suggestion in my solution below.
3. My Solutions to the Issues With Version 2.0
Solution: To solve all of this, I did something I never thought I'd do again - I made an updated version of the old sheet and it was INCREDIBLE. It was beautiful. It can be found in all of its glory here:
Why? Because Numi and others made a discord without actually wanting to do any of the work required for it (which is VERY odd). Additionally, I made the 2nd iteration because it DOES that work that was needed to be done. We needed a system to grade streaks on and their credibility so viewers could assess which streaks were to be trusted.
This sheet is a massive upgrade to the prior one and it no doubt accomplished my goal of placing all of the newest streaks into a nice and digestible data set. It EVEN includes the twitch collection links (which we required eventually, and YT playlist worked too), the names of the players, the streak #. Streaks that weren't even world records. It did it all. It even had a data section that took 7 hours on its own to write and create.
4. How Not to Treat Your Hard-Working Community Members
Then we get to the part that frustrated me the most.
The winstreak Discord did not continue using the sheet after I left. Nobody updated it. I eventually rejoined and said, “I gave you all a document for keeping track of this information. Why haven’t we used it?” I had given multiple people permission to edit it, including Numi at one point, and I was always available in case anyone else needed access. After I rejoined and raised the issue, people eventually began using the sheet again. They continued for a while, possibly around a week, and then stopped again.
Look, I understand that people have lives. I have a life of my own. I understand that people have responsibilities. People have families, pets, husbands, wives, and children.
At the same time, I found it disappointing that a Discord centered entirely around maintaining DBD winstreak records did not consistently use a sheet designed specifically for that purpose. I had spent a great deal of time creating a resource that addressed nearly everything needed for tracking winstreaks, so it was frustrating to see it go unused.
I never expected people to give me anything in return for my time and effort. I did not invest dozens of hours into the original sheet for recognition. I did not spend dozens more on the second sheet for recognition either. I did it for the community. I did it for everyone else like me who wanted to know which streaks existed for each killer. I accomplished that goal.
That is why it was so discouraging to see a Discord devoted to maintaining winstreak information stop using a sheet made specifically to organize and preserve that information.
Oh and the cherry on top is that I'm banned? I'm banned from the winstreaks discord? (I have no idea why btw)
5. Conclusion
What do I take away from this kind of story/journey?
Nobody in the world will ever see the value that I see in my actions and the things I provide. I'm ready to take that to the grave. I have learned this lesson the hard way many many times. I have completely voluntarily assisted many different niche gaming communities out of kindness and because I had the skills to do so. In every case, even though the 'assistance' and kindness is unrequested, the result is the same. The work and effort goes to waste. Whether they're too egotistical to make changes, whether they're in their own bubble and terrified of anyone's new ideas, or even if they just don't give a ######### as much as I do, the bottom line is that people in this world just don't have my vision for things and that's okay. In examples from my own life, they simply lack the drive and conviction. I cannot imagine for the life of me receiving a document that took dozens of hours to put together FOR MY OWN COMMUNITY as a gift that solves all of my problems with documentation, order, etc and going "Ya know, that's cool man. Anyways, let me just ignore that." That idea and that approach to me is a mystery I don't think I'll ever understand. It's not even that the sheet is largely irrelevant to the goals of the server. It's a ######### winstreaks documentation server. WHAT???? Make it make sense dude.
To those who appreciate(d) my work, thank you. Seriously. I understand that I've sparked some conversations surrounding winstreaks and I'm more than happy that I was able to accomplish that. Thank YOU for being invested in the topic and thank you for loving DBD and caring about the community. I hope that you have all found my efforts to be exciting and interesting.
I will end this by saying that I am likely one of the greatest things that happened to winstreak documentation for DBD when the data was scattered. I don't care what you think. I know it to be true that my efforts from 2023-2025 were incredibly important. There was not a single other person out there who had the drive that I had for this. I didn't even just blow the documentation out of the park one time. I did it twice and I did it phenomenally. I am unlikely to return to the winstreaks community after how they treated me though.
My warning to you is not to make the same naive mistake that I did. Please do not offer yourself and your skills to people who either choose or are incapable of realizing your worth. Always remember, "Passion looks and sounds like aggression to the unmotivated."
(For any details, accusations, etc that I have made here that are later contested or incorrect, I stand to say that I in no way intended to lie or be misleading.)
The 2026 Website:
Comments