My Chaos Shuffle statistics
I saw a couple forum posts of people talking about how terrible the survivor experience is in Chaos Shuffle, where every game is tunneling, proxi camping, etc. I also saw a post about frustrations as killer not having any slowdown and survivors being able to bring medkits and such.
I'm an 80/20 survivor main with ~2000 hrs, but I've been playing a lot of Springtrap in Chaos Shuffle and having a blast, he's become my new main. But yesterday I decided to get back on survivor for a bit and had 4 matches in a row that were absolutely miserable. This, combined with the forum posts, prompted me to start writing down statistics for every game both as survivor and killer (and I tried to play my killers that are maybe B tier or below). Obviously I know these are not exact, and it's difficult to police myself, but I was trying to see if 1. there really is an excess of tunneling and such in the game mode and 2. it is possible to win consistently as killer without doing those things. These are just the 15-20 matches I have so far on each side, but I think at the very least they're interesting, even if you don't put any weight to them.
I'm going to define a few things, and I know that some people may have very different definitions than me. First, I only counted hard tunneling (tunneling from the beginning of the game). This means, for example, if a killer hooks 3 different people, and then at 2 gens left they hook one of them twice in a row to get them out of the game (because they're feeling the pressure) it was not counted whatsoever. When the killer did not tunnel, I didn't record first deaths because it was no longer relevant, but I did so for myself every game to keep myself accountable. With camping/back to hook strategies, I did not count it if, for example, the survivors unhooked while the killer was still nearby, survivors were keeping the killer at the hook, it was nearing the end of the game, etc. Likewise, I only counted "slugging" as excessive slugging, aka going into the game attempting to slug the whole lobby. I also did not count if survivors were all nearby each other pressuring saves or something and the killer slugged because of it. In addition, the only time I would record "slugging for the 4k" is if it was for an excessive amount of time, 3+ minutes.
I also want to add that I feel like the community should agree that some of these things aren't "toxic" playstyles. Going back to hook is common amongst all killers when they lack information. Tunneling halfway through the game is often necessary at that point or the killer otherwise loses the game. Not every single detail will be written down here, and its important to realize that different situations can lead to different strategies needing to be employed, this project was more just interesting to me and I thought I'd share it. I know there are probably a couple statistics I could have recorded that I didn't, but I still think its interesting nonetheless. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, feedback is welcome! (also, "unknown" stats are from before I started staying in the games until they ended even if I died)


Comments