Why is Singularity's Camera so buggy?

I don't understand why sometimes the camera doesn't register that a survivor is visible on it. I'm trying to learn this killer but it's really frustrating when I can see 100% of the Survivor on the camera, they are like 5 meters away but the camera doesn't register that they are there.

I know Springtrap came into the game after Singularity but the cameras on him work completely fine. Even killers like Ghostface can stalk the survivor even when 50% of the model is hidden behind a object.

Bhvr please give Singularity a qol update at some point fixing these problems.

Comments

  • Springtrap's cameras don't care about map geometry like Singu's do, as long as he's in range you can reveal him.

    For Singularity himself, my best tip is that you can sometimes scan survivors in those situations by positioning the bottom of the outer ring of the camera hud on top of them instead of the center crosshair. I don't know why exactly it works, maybe something to do with survivors' weird hitboxes that extend above their head a bit? Regardless though it's my go to in those situations and it works a good amount of the time.

  • Try moving the camera slowly up on the survivor until it works that helps me most of the time.

  • You guys could report this a bug too in the betahub bug reports and provide the information to the devs. They could most likely get it fixed at some point. Just do it videos and logs and it will be fixed eventually.

    https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318

  • @Craftlori said:

    I don't understand why sometimes the camera doesn't register that a survivor is visible on it. I'm trying to learn this killer but it's really frustrating when I can see 100% of the Survivor on the camera, they are like 5 meters away but the camera doesn't register that they are there.

    I know Springtrap came into the game after Singularity but the cameras on him work completely fine. Even killers like Ghostface can stalk the survivor even when 50% of the model is hidden behind a object.

    Bhvr please give Singularity a qol update at some point fixing these problems.

    I played him 2 matches ago and I didn't see his camera being buggy once, so ether it's relatively rare, I am lucky, or he works great :D