Excuse me, but what is that surname...?

Erm.

Stardotter. What was the goal for this surname exactly?

Is she dotting stars (and what the hell would that be supposed to mean?!) or is she a daughter of stars which - respectfully - is just so plain wrong in any linguistic sense, that it aches my eyes.

-dotter or -dottír are Swedish and Icelandic. Star is not a Scandinavian term/word. It would be Stjärn(a) or something like that.

So again. What did you do and what was the goal with this - respectfully - stupid and ridiculous surname?🧐

Comments

  • I don’t think it’s supposed to be Scandinavian.

    That said, she supposedly hails from a completely different world, so some linguistic discrepancies are to be expected.

  • I get what they wanted to do and like you said if they did Stjarndotter I think that be completely fine but as is it's coming across a little silly like someone trying to name their first D&D character.