Maps and Tiles need to be fixed and optimized
I would say this is Dead by Daylights biggest problem at the moment. Yeah both sides have overpowered and broken things that can get abused but it can't be that the base map you spawn on decides if the Killer or Survivors win.
This game is a big collection of different rng factors playing together which will never make it possible that both sides have a 50/50 chance to win and that skill really decides who wins.
Pallet Apocalypse: The Pallet Density Update was a good idea on paper to fill up empty areas to minimize dead zones...the problem is that the Pallet Density Update overfixed it on some maps and on certain other maps did nothing. Eyrie of Crows and Withered Isle are a Nightmare to play on since it has multiple double pallet spots that connect to windows and shack. The Game Map has like over 30+ Pallets with 80% of them being safe or god pallets the killer has to break.
Main Buildings: Some of them are so safe that killers immediately know it's not worth to chase there and when a generator is in the building welp your lose. Springwoods Main building wastes at least 30-60 seconds of the killers time with 2-3 God pallets that have to be broken. On the other side if the basement is in there it's almost impossible to get the person out especially against killers with a trapping ability.
Map Sizes: It's completely okay that maps have different sizes but why is one map that small that you can see the entirety of it by standing in the middle while on others you have to run a minute straight to get from one side to the other. Dead Dawg Saloon is a 3 gen nightmare.
Windows: Another problem this game has since years on every map that there are tiles with windows that spawn next to each other or the exact opposite problem where the stronger Window loops like the TL one spawn in the corner of a map connected to nothing which results into a free hit eventually.
I probably missed a ton of points but I just wanted to write out quickly what really holds me back from playing this game more. I have so many matches where I immediately have to sigh no matter which side I play because I know "welp I got map XY, this will be pain" and I know many people feel the same way when a map get's killswitched and the people write stuff like "please take your time" or "hope it stays killswitched"
We aren't even getting that many new maps anymore so you guys should really take the time to work on the old ones. The last trickster map we got is pretty awesome to look at but terrible to play on.
Comments