Crossplay Blues PS5 & Switch 2

My son and I have been enjoying playing DBD, but only got about two weeks after buying the game for him on Switch 2, I play on PS5Pro. The updates for Switch 2 always seem to be one behind. This makes cross play impossible for us to play for about two months now. By the time switch 2 updates the new update for PS5 pro is out. Either that or pace the updates on other platforms to match to enable the longest overlap for crossplay.

Maybe It would be cool if there was an option to delay the update to be able to play cross play or revert back for crossplay (as an engineer I get why this isn't going to be liked). I do think an option to enable crossplay that offshoots and points to copies of non-modified files from the previous version to be used that would allow crossplay even on a new update.

Comments

  • @NeonEagle said:

    My son and I have been enjoying playing DBD, but only got about two weeks after buying the game for him on Switch 2, I play on PS5Pro. The updates for Switch 2 always seem to be one behind. This makes cross play impossible for us to play for about two months now. By the time switch 2 updates the new update for PS5 pro is out. Either that or pace the updates on other platforms to match to enable the longest overlap for crossplay.

    Maybe It would be cool if there was an option to delay the update to be able to play cross play or revert back for crossplay (as an engineer I get why this isn't going to be liked). I do think an option to enable crossplay that offshoots and points to copies of non-modified files from the previous version to be used that would allow crossplay even on a new update.

    unfortunately sony wouldn’t let that happen even if bhvr could do it. I hate nintendo’s update structure, dbd isn’t the only game that suffers like this.